• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Thing To Customize?

ClubJoe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" I work with leather everyday so for sure that won't be going in there. Most likely be a durable and more comfortable fabric."

What kind of material would you actually use? Since I live here in hot humid Florida I thought leather would be a good choice. Do you have any suggestions?

ClubJoe
Sunny Brandon, FL

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to be careful of my budget but I would like to have something on my Elio in addition to reflective tape for safety. Why? So if someone "borrows" my Elio without permission, I can say it has . . . . . . . that makes it stand out in a crowd. :) Z
Z, with your creativity, you'll surely come up with a good way to modify that Elio of yours. I had, at one time, some reflective tape that was about 4" wide. It was black reflective tape... I know, laugh... But, it reflected a quite bright greyish if I remember correctly while remaining black during the day. It could be used to do just about anything. Further, I'm sure you could get pin-striping reflective tape and go to town with designs.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" I work with leather everyday so for sure that won't be going in there. Most likely be a durable and more comfortable fabric."

What kind of material would you actually use? Since I live here in hot humid Florida I thought leather would be a good choice. Do you have any suggestions?

ClubJoe
Sunny Brandon, FL

In your climate leather would be fine except when it's parked and the sun is hitting it and you get in with shorts and tank...hot on skin. In my climate leather is too cold and stiff in the winter. If you look at a lot of the newer cars they have an open weave almost burlap type of fabric that's breathable yet very durable. Just my opinion of course.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll probably just tint my own. It should cost about $9.95 to do the whole thing. Plus, it's easy enough to do without getting any bubbles in there. (Some people have horrible tint and I think they must not be able to read directions). I keep my pistol on me. But, having a decent place to put it in the car on a long trip might be nice.

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
How 'bout a pair of THESE for the front fenders....??? :D

$T2eC16ZHJG%21E9nm3q82eBQ6p5jN4Ew~~60_1.JPG

ebay auction

Top Bottom