• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fleet Sales= Multipal Reservations??

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reservations at 38593, of that figure maybe 12,000 are All in at $1000. How many of them(all in) would you guess are planned fleet purchases?
My bet would be darn few if any.
Most Fleets are leased or lease purchased. Mainly for the same reasons Elio is in a jam. Capital leasing allows a company to hold on to capital for other uses.
Widget manufacturing Purchasing agent is not sitting at the key board ready to hit the send button on all in for 50 ELIO's. Even if they wanted them they would have a leasing company do the buying them lease them back in many cases.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was my question on the Elio FB page.

John Painter
Hmmmmm.... Elio Motors when you say non reservation holders can get an Elio "in the second year of production after the reservations and fleet sales have been fulfilled" are you suggesting fleet sales might not be included in the reservations listed on your website?
Like · 1 · More · 3 hours ago

This was their answer.

Elio Motors
Hello John, there are many terms to each fleet sale, and most of them are included on the counter on our website.
Like · More · 5 minutes ago

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ya, and maybe the test vehicles will get the first few numbers too, I don't know. I agree, too many variables and I am not one to tell Elio or Big Brother how to do the job. I am just so excited about getting our Elios. I dream of riding in the parades and visiting friends. And we have an extra six month to keep dreaming ... and saving cash and watching the different State's LAWS being changed. Can you imagine how much money we will save after our Elios are on the road? EXCITED !!!!

Going from a 16/20 mpg vehicle to a 50/80+ mpg... its going to be a whole new world.

Top Bottom