• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

For Paul To Get Out Of The Hole He Dug!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about this. Elio will only be subject to inflation then. Let's forget about steel and aluminum then. As you can see, the longer Elio does nothing, the rest of the country goes on and thus, the price of their quotes will have to be adjusted for that. There's a chance that some of the suppliers are either out of business, got bought by another company or takes on a big contract where they just can't do business with Elio. This is reality and you just can't keep calling suppliers each month to let them you know you are alive but still interested. Sooner or later, they will just not pick up the phone.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio has always commingled ‘suppliers’ with ‘partners,’ that’s ok from the supplier side when the buyer (Elio) is financially healthy, new, has no big negatives, and is enjoying ‘good will.’ Agreements in the form of Interest Letters are exchanged: projections and prices are discussed and basic non binding commitments are forged. This is where permissions to use logos and links are allowed and the image is one of healthy ‘partnerships.’

When things sour, debts surface and arrears mount, liabilities and bad will start seeping in, and there is a information vacuum, the ‘partners’ start getting antsy about their businesses (and logos) being associated as partners.

Just yesterday I received a Google update regarding the Indian wheel suppliers stock price. The Google update mentioned the $ 55million Elio deal, but the actual press release from the Indian supplier did not, although they were proudly touting their other pending contracts.

I haven’t checked extensively but I did look at the major ‘partners’ such as Roush, Pep Boys, IAV, and this wheel mfr. and no one seems to be on the Elio partner bandwagon. Also, per the UCC (commercial code), prices and quantities promised are subject to change both by time and other influences. It is all essentially fluff akin to ‘forward looking statements.’

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to the Fox news interview with the Trade Commission, the increase in steel and alum. products would be less than 1% with the "tariff" on China in place. We get most of our steel and alum, from Canada and Mexico per his statements. He wants to make Canada and Mexico exempt on the tariff.
Well, it must be accurate if it's from FOX, who else can we trust with all the fake news these days

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven’t checked extensively but I did look at the major ‘partners’ such as Roush, Pep Boys, IAV, and this wheel mfr. and no one seems to be on the Elio partner bandwagon.
Why would you expect any different? I sure as hell wouldn't. They won't post anything until they start getting money from EM. And even then, the EM deal will be small potatoes to some of these companies. Just because these are major "partners" or "suppliers" to EM doesn't mean that the relationship is symmetrical. EM doesn't have to be a major customer for them. You really think that EM's contract with Roush will be any more than a blip on Roush's revenue graph?

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where's Paul? Anybody hear from him? How many months has it been? Over a year, yet?
I had been in Phoenix AZ from September 5th to November 1st 2017 searching every saloon and did not see him. His black car was spotted in NY during this time. I will be driving through AZ on to Louisiana beginning late April and see if I can find him beginning in Baja South California Mexico. So far I have not seen him in any Taco stands. Rumor has it that he is tail gating Elon Musks red car to Mars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom