• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ford Gt-style Hood On An Elio?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's get to production and then worry about modifications. I want mine sooner rather than latter.
"
Cloud Buster; I have to mention a curiosity as to how you came by the term or name " Cloud Buster". A piece of nostalia here; In 1949 or 1950 my I first kites were labeled "Cloud Buster". Usually with a beautiful graphic of 30s style combat biplane busting through a cloud as the graphic portrayal for the Kite. Not until years later did I see the term used as the name of a model airplane club in Detroit back in the 90s (probably still there). Your the first I've seen use that term since then. Kind of a mystery as to where you got that title.

ArmMach

Reaction score
Does anybody think the aero on the Elio might be improved by a hood similar to the Ford GT? By this, I mean the air passing through the radiator exits out the top of the hood and over the windshield, rather than swirling around in the engine compartment and funneling out the bottom of the engine bay.

This would allow for installing a cover plate under the engine bay, to improve the aero (and this is the real aero improvement area, not so much the hood).

I'm not suggesting this as a factory change, but more of an aftermarket kit. It seems there might be enough room in the front to work something like this.

Thoughts?
ford-gt-40_key_19.jpg
Yes, anything similar to the Ford GT would look great! Elio's Front design seems to be primarily designed for aerodynamics and gas mileage. I wish they made it look meaner, or at least more rugged. There are several 3-Wheeler Vehicles whose Front stands out.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, anything similar to the Ford GT would look great! Elio's Front design seems to be primarily designed for aerodynamics and gas mileage. I wish they made it look meaner, or at least more rugged. There are several 3-Wheeler Vehicles whose Front stands out.
Once Elio Motors accomplishes a wide sales base, they can do more to 'tweek' in style upgrades. But having tackled it myself, you can never have one style fits all. The question is, would enough people want mean to justify that version. Here panel variations/options could possibly satisfy more people.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Once Elio Motors accomplishes a wide sales base, they can do more to 'tweek' in style upgrades. But having tackled it myself, you can never have one style fits all. The question is, would enough people want mean to justify that version. Here panel variations/options could possibly satisfy more people.
That's another reason why the Elio is so good for the Aftermarket area.
The Elio is a great base to build on; and I know there are going to be those that do so many modifications you'll barely be able to tell what it was originally.

Top Bottom