• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Forum Rules & Guidelines

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On Jan 11 I sent in 1000.00 "I'm all in". Other than a t-shirt, have received absolutely no contact from Elio Motors and my order says "in process". Is this normal? How do you find out where you are in line?
It will say "Processing" until you submit your final ORDER, with color choice and options. $1,000 All-In numbers are sent out MONTHLY, should go out this week, or next. (NOTE) According to a recent FaceBook post, they have 'updated' their system to state 'done or complete' when your funds have been processed.

Last edited:

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
;);)
What size people can fit in a elio, I am 6ft2in and 320lbs

I asked Elio that question and they answered me directly. Here is the exact quote from the email they sent me...

"The Elio. Is designed for 2 people. 220 lb each. But can handle prob a couple hundred more lb. hope that helps!"

I think that you will "physically" fit easily inside the car, I am 6'2, 276 and I was quite comfortable when I sat in the P3 prototype, in fact it was almost spacious compared to a lot of cars. There is lots of shoulder room and it does not feel cramped...well, the backseat is a little cramped, but I still fit in it easily. The real issue is our weight. Based upon their design criteria, we might not be allowed to drive it, and definitely not ride in the back. Excessive weight in the back seat could make it unsafe to operate at speed. That is the nature of the reverse trike vehicle design.

AS for weight, I simply don't know what their design limits are, just the design criteria. Did they allow for a 10% or 20% variance? Did they design around an overloaded scenario? Did they test with a shifted center of Mass: a 90 lbs. driver and a 220 lbs. passenger, plus 50 lbs. cargo? I wish I knew.

In the end, all I can do is suggest that you do have time to lose weight before your can actually buy one...That's what I'm doing. I'm 40 days into my diet, 20 pounds lost. (yep, I guess I want one of these "three wheeled - menaces to society" just that bad ;)).

hopefully someone else will have better information to add.

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On Jan 11 I sent in 1000.00 "I'm all in". Other than a t-shirt, have received absolutely no contact from Elio Motors and my order says "in process". Is this normal? How do you find out where you are in line?
I received my t-shirt in less than 2 weeks, the serial number came in an email 28 days after I placed the order

osu1129

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It will say "Processing" until you submit your final ORDER, with color choice and options. $1,000 All-In numbers are sent out MONTHLY, should go out this week, or next. (NOTE) According to a recent FaceBook post, they have 'updated' their system to state 'done or complete' when your funds have been processed.
Thank you. I got my line in order.

osu1129

Elio Fan
Reaction score

Top Bottom