• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Found (by A Friend) On Facebook, Another Reason I Don't Have An Account

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Try an older Harley; Right hand - Throttle; Left hand - Spark advance, Front brake, shift gears (3 Spd); Right foot - Rear brake, hold you upright at stop; Left foot - Help hold upright at stop, rocker foot clutch with no spring release.
Now stop the bike in Downtown Seattle on an uphill in traffic; there is something only a real man can do.
wasn't/couldn't have been me!!!
O.K. then, here's another!! had on my BSA 441 a compression release lever for getting it started almost snapped an ankle on a kick once- but what a ride!!! forget the British Twins, this was a screamer

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Try a Matchless 500 Thumper. If you didn't retard the spark, it would kick you over the handlebars.
MY favorite was a "Norton Manx".
Also had an Ariel "Red Hunter".

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My favorite was a Moto Guzzi V7 what a rocket that was.

Funny you mention the 500 Thumper, I had one of the Yamaha 500Thumpers, really nice copy of the early Thumpers (and you could kick it if you wanted to), the other Rocket I rode, but didn't own was a Honda CBX 6cyl. That bike had insane acceleration.
Bikes I raced on Speedway were a Suzuki 250 (1972) Jawa 500's (one on gas one on alcohol) and a few others

Top Bottom