• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why should he be ashamed of the blogs? After all, he is all but ignoring us as it is. He might even prefer we all drop out so that they don't lose as much money if they do ever make it to production. If anything, he should be embarrassed by his inability to communicate with shareholders, reservationist's, and basically everyone else outside his inner circle. Paul probably wanted to avoid hostile reservationists when they showed the Elio to the Ohio governor. It was not mentioned as a "pop-up" event and the actual reason for being there was never disclosed. We can only speculate. I wonder if telling us to read the blog for the latest updates and then only posting old blogs constitutes a form a false advertising.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Eureka!! Yes, that answers why Elio didn’t announce the ‘pop up’ appearances!! It defied logic,and business sense, that they wouldn’t seek to advertise and promote their own product. That recent ‘pop up’ in Ohio wasn’t about Elio Motors, it was about Stu Lichter and Racer Trust to get the Ohio Governor onboard with RACER brokering yet another auto plant.

It was as a ‘courtesy’ to Stu, and nothing to do with Elio, why else not get one iota of Elio promotion out of it?

Hmmm, it makes me wonder about the NYC one, years back, that just appeared ‘after the fact’. Maybe that was about getting a ‘new’ group of investors without ‘stirring up’ the earlier groups e.g., the originals and the ones who ponyed up for the 100 test ‘fleet’ vehicles.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave......

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Eureka!! Yes, that answers why Elio didn’t announce the ‘pop up’ appearances!! It defied logic,and business sense, that they wouldn’t seek to advertise and promote their own product. That recent ‘pop up’ in Ohio wasn’t about Elio Motors, it was about Stu Lichter and Racer Trust to get the Ohio Governor onboard with RACER brokering yet another auto plant.

It was as a ‘courtesy’ to Stu, and nothing to do with Elio, why else not get one iota of Elio promotion out of it?

Hmmm, it makes me wonder about the NYC one, years back, that just appeared ‘after the fact’. Maybe that was about getting a ‘new’ group of investors without ‘stirring up’ the earlier groups e.g., the originals and the ones who ponyed up for the 100 test ‘fleet’ vehicles.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave......
I can see why. The only reason to bring out the Elio is to either please current important investors or future ones. Remember we are small time investors and not important because we can't invest any more. No reason to talk to us. For Manhattan, that was for future big time investors. Midvale was for a recent investor. Columbus was because Paul owes Stu so much than when Stu tells Paul, "Jump!" Paul answers, "How high sir!" If you want to see the Elio yourself, buy $2.5M in newly issued stock and Paul will be at your house tomorrow with the black Elio and letting you go drive it for as long as you want. Investing $1K only gets you a canned response via email.

If I was Paul, I'd not do a single pop up or show unless I know for a fact that it'll be X weeks until Elio #1 will be rolling off the line. He knows that just giving the current answer is only going to get people more upset. Plus the chance of a few angry all-in $1K reservation holders showing up is a reality and last thing Elio needs right now is bad PR from that confrontation. Better to be quiet and say nothing (unless you got lots of money).

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see why. The only reason to bring out the Elio is to either please current important investors or future ones. Remember we are small time investors and not important because we can't invest any more. No reason to talk to us. For Manhattan, that was for future big time investors. Midvale was for a recent investor. Columbus was because Paul owes Stu so much than when Stu tells Paul, "Jump!" Paul answers, "How high sir!" If you want to see the Elio yourself, buy $2.5M in newly issued stock and Paul will be at your house tomorrow with the black Elio and letting you go drive it for as long as you want. Investing $1K only gets you a canned response via email.

If I was Paul, I'd not do a single pop up or show unless I know for a fact that it'll be X weeks until Elio #1 will be rolling off the line. He knows that just giving the current answer is only going to get people more upset. Plus the chance of a few angry all-in $1K reservation holders showing up is a reality and last thing Elio needs right now is bad PR from that confrontation. Better to be quiet and say nothing (unless you got lots of money).

You are not considering those of us who have stock. That is also an investment and Elio is not complying with the SEC rules of communication. The law is on the side of the stock investors. Those that have "non-refundable reservations" have given up most legal rights. I'm afraid that if Elio Motors does file for bankruptcy they will simply take the website down without even a goodbye. Probably wouldn't even send out an e-mail notification. Probably complete silence.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
“You are not considering those of us who have stock. That is also an investment and Elio is not complying with the SEC rules of communication.”

That’s the most egregious of the backhanded things Elio has done, and maybe the most unrealized by most people. Sure, it can be argued how a ‘spot in line’ is sufficient contractual consideration, (IMHO, Elio Motors did not sufficiently perform and irresponsibly misspent investors’ money and ESG Engineering fraudulently over-billed Elio Motors, among other actionable malfeasance).

When Elio Motors stopped filing with the SEC they should have folded, no matter what they should have increased information to their investors. I believe Elio, knew, or should have known, very early that it was extremely unlikely that any investment was even remotely likely. I believe they did all they could to actually dissuade future ‘big’ investors while manipulating small investors.

Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
“IMHO, Elio Motors did not sufficiently perform and irresponsibly misspent investors’ money and ESG Engineering fraudulently over-billed Elio Motors, among other actionable malfeasance).”

I know you said “IMHO”.... but if you have evidence or proof of fraudulent over-billing and other actionable malfeasances - do you plan on turning that over to authorities?

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think what ESG Engineering ‘delivered to, or provided,’ Elio Motors for ‘engineering services’ (which I believe was essentially worthless), speaks for itself.

How many millions was it?

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So.... are you going to take this evidence to the authorities for a possible investigation/ prosecution?
As I stated in an earlier post, there is no economic basis for a civil suit, as there are no known assets to recover. A criminal prosecution would take more time and money, and offers little incentive to the individual. Even if "the authorities" were willing to look at the case, there is no indication that a prosecutor eager to tackle the case exists. If a willing prosecutor were found, it would still take a lot of work to present the case. Unfortunately, there are bigger crimes in the country that need to be addresses, and even if Watashiwah were able to prove the accusations against Elio, it would not be a high-priority case.

The more relevant question is: Did Elio Motors produce a viable, as-advertised vehicle with the $40-50M+ they raised from reservations and investors?

Sadly, the answer is "No.". Not one completely functional prototype. Not a series of 25 prototypes. Not 100 prototypes. Just a few show cars and/or sub-spec'd "almost" vehicles.

The legal ramifications are unimportant in comparison to the failure to produce what could have been a great vehicle.

Top Bottom