• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Covered, From Front to Back
September 29, 2017

Happy Friday Elio’ers! Everyone has a favorite time of year. With winter comes a variety of snow sports and the Holiday Season, spring inspires optimism and warmer weather, summer offers sunshine and backyard shindigs, and fall features the heart of football season and pumpkin spice everything (if you’re into that kind of thing.) We are officially a week into the fall season and you can count us among the millions of fall fans. Sure, the days may be getting shorter, but the weather is cooler and there is a ton to look forward to. Think about it…the World Series, meaningful football games, Halloween, and Thanksgiving all in the same season? Count us in!

Many blog topics, both Friday Blog and Momentum, are sparked from astute or interesting questions that come in from our supporters. Sometimes they are common questions so we figure we may as well answer them for everyone. Sometimes the questions are pretty unique and specific. Today, after a great conversation with Olga F, we thought we’d cover the front and back seats of the Elio!

The front seat, as we mentioned recently, can be adjusted 6 ways. Just about everybody, short or tall will fit comfortably in the front seat, no problem. The front seat also reclines fully (until it hits the rear seat) so you can catch some roadside shuteye if you are so inclined. The seat is approximately 15 ½ inches off the ground.

Now, to get to Olga’s question! As many of you know, the rear seat folds forward for extra storage space.

With the rear seat folded forward, you can fit your golf clubs or your groceries. Olga, however, has a unique storage need. As she transports rescue animals, she wants to use her Elio to shuttle pups of all sizes around town. Olga wanted to know if she can remove the rear seat and place a crate in the rear of the vehicle. Olga, you are in luck! The rear space will be very modifiable and will fill all kinds of storage needs. Creates, a gate across the vehicle to keep the animals in the rear seat, really limitless opportunities to make Elio fit your needs, within reason…

We did get a question from a gentleman (who will remain nameless) asking as a small business handyman if he could haul 20 4’ x 8’ pieces of plywood to a job site. We like the optimism, but the concept of the Elio is that you can afford to keep the vehicle you use to haul plywood and use the Elio for everything else. While the Elio will not be confused with a pickup truck, even though the back seat is very modifiable and will fill most of your storage needs! Additionally, the rear seat does come equipped with LATCH for car seats. If you’re bringing home groceries, a toddler, or a Doberman, or just need to run some errands around town you will be good to go in your Elio!

As always, we greatly appreciate your support and we hope you have a great weekend!

Booboo is glad to hear the front full reclines. Booboo needs a nap.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
But still, why can't you fit 20 4'x8' plywood sheets in it? (Probably 3/4")
I mean really, why can't you fit a full size sheet of plywood in it?

I don't believe someone would actually ask that question, it had to be someone's attempt at humor.
That's bigger that the entire body of the Elio.
The only way I could see it fitting is to run it through a chipper/shredder first and have the discharge shoot through a hole in the roof.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But still, why can't you fit 20 4'x8' plywood sheets in it? (Probably 3/4")
I mean really, why can't you fit a full size sheet of plywood in it?

I don't believe someone would actually ask that question, it had to be someone's attempt at humor.
That's bigger that the entire body of the Elio.
The only way I could see it fitting is to run it through a chipper/shredder first and have the discharge shoot through a hole in the roof.
Perhaps it was asked by one of the trolls that formerly plagued this forum.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Standing on their side, maybe?

Call me crazy or stupid (but hopefully not both at the same time!) but I do not see why a properly designed narrow hatchback (such as could be on, even a vehicle similar to an Elio), could not accommodate 4 X 8 sheets standing on their long side with the corner down as near the base of the driver’s seat as possible. It would take a hinged hatchback that is long enough (the load would hangout some, of course, too) and even this additional length could lead to a sunroof option, and this would require probably a removable, or extremely ‘storable’ rear seat. If this could be engineered into such a small (and narrow) vehicle it would shame these relatively worthless pickup trucks with short beds suitable for nothing much longer than about 4 feet laying down flat. And additional plus: such an extended hatchback and/or removable panel (with sunroof) would facilitate toting bicycles, too. That really helps sell vehicles, imho.

Where’s stts when we need him??

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had a 1958 Chevy longbed. A 4x8 sheet fit perfectly with the gate closed. Do not think I will ever buy another truck that does not meet this specification.
I don't plan on ever buying another 4x8 sheet of plywood, but if Idid, it would haul on edge in my FUV's surfboard rack option. :)
IMG_8890.PNG

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If only there was a way to put a structure.... like a rack.... somewhere on the car.... like the roof.

It would have a really cool and catchy name....

Like....um... i dunno.

a... um... Roof Rack!... That's it!

That would be great.

(*Wistful Sigh*)

Hey Elio Engineers!
Will it come with 4 inch plate steel and able to carry a 120mm smooth bore gun in the back seat with the seat back moved forward?
Because this is the primary reason I purchased a 2 seat economy vehicle!

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because this is the primary reason I purchased a 2 seat economy vehicle!

Of course there still remains the lil’ ol’ problem of (still) no firm design, no money, and a dwindling established customer base. Elio Motors should be happy entertaining any questions, and ideas, from anybody, so should websites that want to promote EM. There is no ‘purchased’ without first building it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom