• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
TGIF
Happy Friday Elio’ers! Nowadays, it seems like every day is some kind of holiday. Don’t get us wrong, there’s nothing wrong with finding a reason to celebrate. Today, October 6th, is both Garlic Lovers Day and National Noodle Day. If you’ve been thinking about paying a visit to your local Italian joint, it may be a sign that tonight is the night. More importantly, today is also Manufacturing Day, which is designed to celebrate modern manufacturing and inspire the next generation of innovators. As you probably know, American manufacturing is pretty important to us. If you do end up dining on pasta tonight, you can toast to the American worker and manufacturing!

In today’s Three Wheeling blog, we are going to outline how the ordering process will work for reservation holders leading up to production (which, as we outlined in our August filing, is targeted to begin in 2019).We hear from quite a few reservation holders wondering how exactly the process will go. Our goal is to make the process stress-free and fun! Here’s an overview…

If you’ve perused our website, you’ve probably spent some time playing with the configurator (which, by the way, works best using either Google Chrome or Firefox, and we are working on fixing slow load times with other operating systems.) The current configurator is designed to give you a feel for how the customization process will work: it allows you to choose your color, shows a sample of possible options, and gives you an estimated price. We will continue to improve the configurator and add additional options, but really it is just a fun tool. Please note, when you are using the configurator that you are not making your final selections on your Elio.

The final Elio ordering process will start about 90 days before your Elio is scheduled to be built. At that point, we will email each reservation holder (via the original email address used for your reservation) and provide you with a unique link that will take you to your personal Elio order page. Once you open your page, you will then be directed through a streamlined process that will start with what type of transmission you want (manual or Automated Manual – AMT), then choose your color from our seven choices and finally through the available options that you may want to add. The details are still being finalized and certain tools will also be available such as a running total of your vehicle cost, an idea of taxes and other fees in your specific area and other similar items that will make the process as simple as possible.

Also, after you’ve customized and finalized your Elio, we expect to have available the option to get a head start on other aspects of the buying process. Potential valuable steps you can complete at this point would be the paperwork for financing (whether you plan on using one of our traditional financing options or our unique gas card) delivery preference and anything else to smooth out the final delivery. Once you hit submit, the logistics and manufacturing people will receive the information and start your vehicle towards production!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why don't you message Elio about this.

I DID JUST THAT A FEW YEARS AGO .
I GOT THE COOKIE CUTTER RESPONSE THAT THEY WILL PASS IT ON TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE .

MY WIFE HAD A PACEMAKER BEFORE THE HEART TRANSPLANT .
HERS WAS THE HOT-ROD MODEL WITH THE BUILT IN DEFIBRILLATOR .

THE LEFT TO RIGHT SEATBELTS BOTHERED HER SO MUCH THAT SHE QUIT DRIVING .
THE PASSENGER RIGHT TO LEFT SEATBELT WAS NO A PROBLEM .

NEARLY EVERYONE WHO HAS A PACEMAKER , HAS IT INSTALLED NEAR THE LEFT COLLARBONE
AND THIS INCLUDES A LARGE % OF THE POPULATION .
ELIO COULD ACTUALLY PLUG THE RIGHT TO LEFT SEATBELT AS A SELLING POINT .

You said she now has a transplant, which I assume would not need a pacemaker.

I assume the pacemaker problem is now a thing of the past.

Re-tired

Reaction score
Of course there still remains the lil’ ol’ problem of (still) no firm design, no money, and a dwindling established customer base. Elio Motors should be happy entertaining any questions, and ideas, from anybody, so should websites that want to promote EM. There is no ‘purchased’ without first building it.
Watashiwah, why are you the only one offering a dose of reality?

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am driving a '93 Roadmaster, as I wait for my Elio. Must be 12 buttons that control the front seat.
I have a 94 Caprice Classic Wagon that I have hotrodded a bit. With the LT1 engine it is a fun boat. I ran it on the Salt Flats in 2012. I just missed getting into the 130 mph club. I ran with the Utah Salt Flats association club and it was a blast to see the different cars that people brought out. I have a new engine I am trying to finish for next year that should put out about 450 hp. I think the 150 club certificate should be within sight.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Friday blogs are a breath of fresh optimism. As with any startup, it's not hard to find plenty of articles containing the words failure, can't, never, won't, unable, shouldn't, and doesn't have a snowball chance in hell. Whoever is writing these articles at Elio has not a shred of doubt they will build our cars. The only thing I'm tired of is the reference to calendar holiday's. It reminds of how long I've been waiting. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Friday blogs are a breath of fresh optimism. As with any startup, it's not hard to find plenty of articles containing the words failure, can't, never, won't, unable, shouldn't, and doesn't have a snowball chance in hell. Whoever is writing these articles at Elio has not a shred of doubt they will build our cars. The only thing I'm tired of is the reference to calendar holiday's. It reminds of how long I've been waiting. :)
Almost a decade for me. :)

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're definitely a half full kind of guy..... :p

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not half full, the glass is too big. As for the comment Watashiwah said about dwindling customer base, I disagree. Even though I sold my stock (at a profit), I for one am still interested. I think once Elio does start making them, most of the people that made reservations will be wanting theirs even more. Pride in not only being one of the first to have and drive one, but also recognition of the early support. I suspect that most Elio owners will be driving with grins on their faces and waving at all the folks honking their horns in approval.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not half full, the glass is too big. As for the comment Watashiwah said about dwindling customer base, I disagree. Even though I sold my stock (at a profit), I for one am still interested. I think once Elio does start making them, most of the people that made reservations will be wanting theirs even more. Pride in not only being one of the first to have and drive one, but also recognition of the early support. I suspect that most Elio owners will be driving with grins on their faces and waving at all the folks honking their horns in approval.

Just for the record, I said "dwindling established customer base." I meant that that (dubiously required) 65,000 reservation threshold has not been increased and the number of refundable cancellations is not on public record. I bet a great number of us have probably, and unfortunately, died waiting these 6 to 8 years, as well. Anyone care to speculate what that number is today?

Top Bottom