• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There seems to be quite a few rumors floating around regarding the plant in Shreveport. We want to make it clear, unequivocally, that nothing has changed in regards to the plant.

P.S. " Equivocal is from a Latin word meaning of equal voice, so unequivocal means of unequal voice — unmistakable, unambiguous, without question."
Unmistakably, unambiguously, without question & UNEQUIVOCALLY the best Friday Bog in a long time. Just keeping everyone hanging in there for a couple more months. But who will? Like where the herd has positioned itself.

PS Checked out FUV lately? It's all one direction on the chart :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unmistakably, unambiguously, without question & UNEQUIVOCALLY the best Friday Bog in a long time. Just keeping everyone hanging in there for a couple more months. But who will? Like where the herd has positioned itself.

PS Checked out FUV lately? It's all one direction on the chart :)
The last time I checked FUV, the first FUV had been delivered and the production direction is onward and upward with the manufacturing plant being tooled for production of the reservationist FUV deliveries 2018. :)

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last time I checked FUV, the first FUV had been delivered and the production direction is onward and upward with the manufacturing plant being tooled for production of the reservationist FUV deliveries 2018. :)
Not so sure...the smart money on NASDAQ seems to be smelling something funny... I think it might have to do with the legislative front... specifically autocycle legislation. I've counted 7 (8 as of 12/9) primary EV 3 wheelers trying to find a very, very tiny slice of the automotive marketplace and don't qualify for ELIO written & bipartisan supported autocycle legislation. ELIO will own the category... automotive insiders must know that's a very big deal. Besides EV goes big time against the current political climate...just a fact. I think the relative stability of ELIO stock since FUV's IPO reflect the people who need to make the money in the market going with the flow which looks like oil & gas (hopefully with efficiency) until 2020. Just REALITY!

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anybody been noticing the latest and recent headwinds for EV that seemed to come out of nowhere. Past is prologue often...hard to shake free from EVs past. Saw a story... they are trying to recycle cobalt from lithium batteries due to cost & scarcity of it in the wild. Lithium ion batteries have resource issues that I predict could be the elephant in the room. So now that summarizes the ICE advantage for the next 10 years and probably a surprise energy source soon after...solar or hydrogen breakthrough?! This all goes back to Al Gore losing as well... I voted for him! We'll find another way out through carbon sequestration and very low to non emitting ICE engines synergies I bet. A lot of money is flowing that way in the vast USA and all of North America will probably go that way... especially Canada with the oil sands wanting it to. Pay attention to the politics and follow the money!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not so sure...the smart money on NASDAQ seems to be smelling something funny... I think it might have to do with the legislative front... specifically autocycle legislation. I've counted 7 primary EV 3 wheelers trying to find a very, very tiny slice of the automotive marketplace and don't qualify for ELIO written & bipartisan supported autocycle legislation. ELIO will own the category... automotive insiders must know that's a very big deal. Besides EV goes big time against the current political climate...just a fact. I think the relative stability of ELIO stock since FUV's IPO reflect the people who need to make the money in the market going with the flow which looks like oil & gas (hopefully with efficiency) until 2020. Just REALITY!
Frankly, the only thing I know about the stock market is buy low, sell high, and diversify. The Reg A+ investors made a long term high risk investment in Arcimoto to show financial support for the manufacturing phase of their production ready FUV.

I don't watch FUV's market fluctuation since I am an investor not a trader. Only a handful of people (supporters) have even heard of the FUV and others likely won't invest until they see a successful product on the roadways. The Reg A+ investors provided considerably more funding than expected, allowing the company to purchase equipment needed to scale production well ahead of schedule. Arcimoto is debt free, comforting to know from an investor perspective. My grandkids will own my shares one day, along with a high mileage Showroom Condition 2018 FUV. I'm certain they will both have FUVs of their own, since I plan on buying them an FUV when they reach the legal driving age.......pending their Dad's approval of course.

I had similar plans for the Elio.

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have any of the other 3 wheelers had a song written about them ?

On Jan 10, 2013 , Caddo Parish Commission, published, Elio Car of the Future.

I understand their frustration after 5 years, it is actually less than 5 years, Paul mentioned June 2014, for the first production target date. Frustration should not be taken out on Mr Elio IMO. TPTB, Government and Big Money, have not seen fit to get behind this venture in the way that is needed to move it along. I still have hope that Elio can pull a rabbit out the proverbial hat and get this done.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ELIO will be the first and only Ice then EV autocycle for some period of time starting in 2019 (fingers crossed). That's why EM put the energy into legislative efforts. I think owning the new transportation category matters. Not one of the other trikes can be called autocycles as they are currently designed.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure both the SOLO and SONDORs will register and license as a Motorcycle in my state of Idahohoho and meets the autocycle definition that waives the MC endorsement and helmet requirements. The FUV not so much because of the change to handlebar steering.

My fingers are crossed for Elio in 2019 as well, but expect to be driving my #2 and #3 choices in 2018........and buy an Elio sometime down the road.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure both the SOLO and SONDORs will register and license as a Motorcycle in my state of Idahohoho and meets the autocycle definition that waives the MC endorsement and helmet requirements. The FUV not so much because of the change to handlebar steering.

My fingers are crossed for Elio in 2019 as well, but expect to be driving my #2 and #3 choices in 2018........and buy an Elio sometime down the road.
:amen: but I believe Congressional autocycle legislation has airbag and bumper requirements as well? Might have to check again... hoping someone knows what's all in there...

Top Bottom