• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:amen: but I believe Congressional autocycle legislation has airbag and bumper requirements as well? Might have to check again... hoping someone knows what's all in there...
Can't speak for Rick, but I believe he meant the individual state designations of an autocycle.
Which in many cases determine whether or not a helmet and/or endorsement are required.

IF on the very off chance the EM federal autocycle legislation goes through...
It won't affect the existing helmet and/or endorsement laws one bit.
That is completely up to each individual state's discretion.

So basically, who cares whether the fed autocycle legislation goes through besides EM?
The only thing it will do is enable EM to claim to be better and safer than the rest.
That and maybe get EM a pass on the cyclops headlight requirement.

And the reason I say, "on the very off chance" is that it almost takes an act of God...
And 10 years of study/challenges to get the NHTSA to officially change anything.

Historically, congress has usually stayed out of the NHTSA's playground.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can't speak for Rick, but I believe he meant the individual state designations of an autocycle.
Which in many cases determine whether or not a helmet and/or endorsement are required.

So basically, who cares whether the fed autocycle legislation goes through besides EM?
The only thing it will do is enable EM to claim to be better and safer than the rest.

And the reason I say, "on the very off chance" is that it almost takes an act of God...
And 10 years of study/challenges to get the NHTSA to officially change anything.

Thanks EA... I still hope Congress eventually passes the legislation

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It could also have the real effect of reducing insurance rates from what they otherwise might be without the autocycle designation. It all depends on how the actuarials come out on this relative new category relative to motorcycles.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here it is.
December 15, 2017

Happy Friday Elio’ers! It is truly a wonderful time of year: the lights, the gifts, the Holiday Spirit. Even the “grinchiest” among us seem to lighten up and enjoy the season. We know that this is a busy time of year, one filled with travel, shopping, and spending time with family and friends, so the next few blogs will be short, sweet, and to the point.

2017 has been a unique year. Almost all of our efforts this year has gone into funding the project. Yet, 2017 has also seen several improvements to the Elio. For example, we simplified the dashboard and added two new features as standard equipment. Below is an index of the Friday Blogs from the second half of this year. The index for the first half of the year can be found here.

6-30-17 Celebrating Independence

7-7-17 Elio Emails

7-14-17 We’ve Got Your Favorite System Covered

7-21-17 Financing and Insurance

7-28-17 Following Up…

8-4-17 In Case You Missed It- An Important Press Release

8-11-17 How 3 > 4

8-18-17 New Details

8-25-17 New Details, Explained…

9-1-17 Labor Day

9-8-17 Engine Follow-Up

9-15-17 Odds and Ends

9-22-17 Odds and Ends Part 2

9-29-17 Covered, From Front to Back

10-6-17 The Process

10-13-17 It Pays For Itself

10-20-17 Simplifying the Process

10-27-17 Your Elio’s “Costume”

11-3-17 The Many Applications of the Elio

11-10-17 Veteran’s Day, Website, and More…

11-17-17 Yes, It Can Be Fun

11-24-17 Being Thankful

12-1-17 It’s “Snow” Problem

12-8-17 Shreveport, Snow Tires, and More

Thanks for your support!

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
short, sweet, and to the point.
1. Almost all of our efforts this year has gone into funding the project.
2. Almost all of our efforts this year has gone into funding the project.
3. Almost all of our efforts this year has gone into funding the project.

P.S. My favorite blog of 2017. https://www.eliomotors.com/electric-details/
Here's to hoping funding comes through, so we can get back to the fun which was once being Elio aficionados.

Last edited:

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
airplane_match.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I found the following quote taken from the 12-8-17 Shreveport, Snow Tires, and More to be somewhat reassuring

"There seems to be quite a few rumors floating around regarding the plant in Shreveport. We want to make it clear, unequivocally, that nothing has changed in regards to the plant. From the beginning, our aim has been to produce the Elio and create jobs in the area. Also, from the beginning, we knew that we would not be utilizing the entirety of the plant. There is another company currently using the plant, and that has always been the plan. In short, all is good in Shreveport. We look forward to creating jobs for the people of the Caddo Parish."

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
short, sweet, and to the point.
1. Almost all of our efforts this year has gone into funding the project.
2. Almost all of our efforts this year has gone into funding the project.
3. Almost all of our efforts this year has gone into funding the project.

P.S. My favorite blog of 2017. https://www.eliomotors.com/electric-details/
Here's to hoping funding comes through, so we can get back to the fun which was once being Elio aficionados.
I stopped getting Blogs weeks ago. I went to the Elio home page to see
what the problem was? When I tried to re-inter, I received a message that stated(This form doesn’t accept free email addresses) Guess that it doesn’t matter at this point I don’t think that I am missing anything!:D

Reactions: KD
Top Bottom