• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I want to show you an exciting opportunity on selling Herballife products. Please be patient while I wait for my Starbucks to kick in.

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like about 36 people listening to Paul. Looks like maybe four women (11%). Even fewer people of color. A few Asian. Mostly middle or older aged white men. Not a very diverse group. Notice there is no information on paper, or the screen. Obviously there is no hard proof of anything Paul said. (SEC non-disclosure?) For all we know, the meeting wasn't even about the Elio vehicle. Maybe Paul is starting something new. (Like Elon Musk starting a candy company?)

While the above may sound negative, it's not meant to be. If you assume the meeting was about the vehicle, then that is a positive move. The next two weeks should give a clearer indication of if the Elio will be made or not.

I would only assume that the meeting was a supplier meeting because that is what Elio said it was. At this point what would be the point of Elio lying about who is in attendance and why. If they wanted to tell a whopper they could have said it was a room full of new investors or some such thing. It's nice to see a picture of Paul in public. If I had to guess, I suspect this picture was taken at the beginning of the meeting probably before a Powerpoint presentation. Per the setup, it looks like they would be having lunch brought in later.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh! It's Friday! I almost forgot.
Live Stream This Morning…
May 11, 2018

Happy Friday Elio’ers! If you’re a regular reader of the Friday Blog, you may have noticed that the weekly email arrived in your inbox a little bit earlier than normal. Why, you may ask? The answer is twofold. Firstly, it seems like during the warmer months folks tend to get out of the office a little bit earlier. If that sounds like you, we don’t blame you one bit and wanted to make sure you had a chance to peruse the blog before the weekend starts. Secondly, and more importantly, an event is taking place this morning that we figured you wouldn’t want to miss.

First – the timely information: If you have time this morning (10:00am Central/11:00 Eastern/8 Pacific we are planning a Facebook live stream of Paul Elio in Shreveport at a press conference updating the Caddo Parish with Caddo Commissioner Louis Johnson. It is anticipated that Paul will give an update on the recent Elio Motors developments and field a few questions from the press. We will be live streaming the press conference on Facebook Live. You should be able to find it easily on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/ElioMotors/ If the technology works out, it will also be available afterward for those of you unable to watch it live.

Moving on to one of the reasons we are all here, we would be remiss if we didn’t acknowledge the fact that Mother’s Day is this Sunday. We wanted to make sure to thank all of the Mothers in our lives- thank you for all that you do!

In case you missed it, Elio Motors has been in the news quite a bit lately. A couple of weeks ago we released a press release that outlined our recent funding news. Earlier this week we had the opportunity to attend the Overstock.com annual meeting in Midvale, Utah. We brought along the E1c, which always has a tendency to draw a crowd. As a result, there was some great press coverage which featured Elio Motors, Overstock, Paul Elio, Patrick Byrne, and the vehicle! Below is some of the best coverage from the past week!

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/new-car-gets-84-mpg-and-only-costs-7500/1170266502

http://www.motorweek.org/auto_news/this_just_in/elio-motors-ultimate-commuter-vehicle

Thanks to everyone at Overstock for providing a great venue to show off the E1c and to introduce ourselves!

This Friday Blog may sound a bit like an Academy Award winner’s speech, but we do want to thank (in no particular order) the mothers that have shaped our lives, the Overstock team, the people of Shreveport, and you, the Elio Motors supporter! We hope you have a tremendous weekend!

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words…
May 18, 2018

Happy Friday Elio’ers! You may be familiar with the phrase “A picture is worth a thousand words.” If you subscribe to this adage, then this week’s blog is by far our longest yet! As you may know, the E1c has been out and about lately with some private meetings: we’ve shown it gathering crowds in New York, it’s met with suppliers in Michigan, and recently turned heads in Utah. There seems to be an insatiable hunger for more content of the vehicle, so this week’s blog is exclusively photos of the vehicle and even a video of the vehicle in motion!

And a short video of the Elio arriving – click here.

We are planning on some more pop-up type events in the future, keep reading the blogs and check out the website for locations and dates.

Thanks for your support and have a tremendous weekend!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is that a token Starbucks cup I see on the podium? Maybe they want to buy in too.
the rumor has been circulating for awhile now that Starbucks will be paying a royalty to EM for each cup holder with the Starbucks logo.
The difficulty/stumbling block/ discussion seems to be what the maximum size java cup, the holder will accommodate.
With that in mind, perhaps other companies would pay to have their logos strategically positioned :-)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ironic part is Elio is banned from selling autocycles in Utah unless they do it through a franchised dealer. Vanderhall is an autocycle company in Provo, Utah had to finally get a real franchised dealer to sell them in that state even though they make autocycles there.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ironic part is Elio is banned from selling autocycles in Utah unless they do it through a franchised dealer. Vanderhall is an autocycle company in Provo, Utah had to finally get a real franchised dealer to sell them in that state even though they make autocycles there.
Tesla has gone through the same issues. Some states don't want a manufacturer to own a dealer others do.

edit-- one assumption is that Pep Boys could become a dealer, but we are guessing.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I for one was a little let down with this update. I've seen pictures. I know it will be a while before news happens though. Patience isn't easy in the internet age where we get used to refreshing the page for instant updates.

Top Bottom