• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm feeling the larger trunk. I wonder if the design will lend itself to aftermarket conversions though. I remember people converting Camaro and Firebird rear glass. The idea of the Elio seems to be commuting only but with people in the US downsizing to tiny homes I could see people using an Elio for more.

I don't think the trunk idea would make a reasonable after market conversion. It would require a lot of body work and would be quite expensive, but at the factory it would be easy when building the cars. Personally, my only real problem with the Elio is the lack of luggage space. The way it is, if you have a passenger, you don't have enough room for even a modest load of groceries. It's been suggested it could lower the gas mileage. It doesn't disrupt the air flow, so no resistance. Maybe; the extra 10 or so pounds of steel might cost you an extra $3 a year in gas. On the other hand, if you have to leave the Elio home when shopping with the wife, and drive your SUV , you've just burned up 3 times a much gas as needed. Bottom line, give me more trunk space!

Lowering a license plate and putting the name on the back is, to my thinking, a no brainer. Cost almost nothing and think of the advertising. Every day thousands of drivers would be setting behind an Elio at a light with the name right in their face. No setting there wondering "what's that?" For a few more bucks they could make it light up in red with the tail and brake lights...

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An Easy, Fun Process…
June 22, 2018

Happy Friday Elio’ers! Have you caught World Cup fever yet? The games start pretty early for our friends on the West Coast, but if you’ve had a chance to tune in, you know that it’s been an entertaining tournament thus far. Also, yesterday was the Summer Solstice, and we hope that you enjoyed the longest day of the year. It’s officially summer and we plan on making it a summer to remember!

In today’s Three Wheeling Blog from the archives, we are going to outline how the ordering process will work for reservation holders leading up to production which is targeted to begin in 2019. We hear from quite a few reservation holders wondering how exactly the process will go. Our goal is to make the process not only stress-free but fun! Below is an overview.

If you’ve perused our website, you’ve probably spent some time playing with the configurator (which, by the way, works best using either Google Chrome or Firefox, and we are working on fixing slow load times with other operating systems.) The configurator is by no means the final version and we will continue to make improvements, but really, it’s just a tool to give you a feel for how you will customize your vehicle and help you get a jump on picking the right color and options as we know from experience that the color choice is not an easy one!

The final Elio ordering process will start about 90 days before your Elio is scheduled to be built. At that point, we will email each reservation holder (via the original email address used for your reservation) and provide you with a unique link that will take you to your personal Elio order page. Once you open your page, you will then be directed through a streamlined process that will start with what type of transmission you want (manual or AMT), then choose your color from our seven choices and finally through the available options that you may want to add. The details are still being finalized and certain tools will also be available such as a running total of your vehicle cost, an idea of taxes and other fees in your specific area and other similar items that will make the process as simple as possible.

Also, after you’ve customized and finalized your Elio, we expect to have available the option to get a head start on other aspects of the buying process. Potential valuable steps you can complete at this point includes the paperwork for financing (whether you plan on using one of our traditional financing options or our unique gas card) delivery preference and anything else to smooth out the final delivery. Once you hit submit, the logistics and manufacturing people will receive the information and start your vehicle towards production

If you have any feedback on how you think the process can be improved, we’d love to hear from you! Feel free to send along your thoughts to tellmemore@eliomotors.com

Thanks and have a great weekend!
" Feel free to send along your thoughts to tellmemore@eliomotors.com"

Jun 23, 19:10 EDT

Thank You for keeping up the twice weekly blogs going. I'm still looking forward to hearing some more good news from you, and Paul Elio.

When you begin taking orders and making deliveries, you may find you have a built in sales force. This could be helpful to some reservationists that may want to see actual colors in person, and get a look at an ELIO in person.

I would suggest that many of us would be willing to have other reservationists visit us at our homes.
So, when an early SIL is fulfilled, you might ask the new ELIO owner if they would like to have visitors. If so, you could supply them with swatches of color, on metal would be nice, and other things they could show off to their other reservationist visitors.
P.S. I have a Pep Boys 2 miles away from my home, if you could swing a deal to have a small display in their stores, at the start of production, this might be an alternative also.

Thank You, Booboo

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
EHHHHhhhh I don't know about having them come over to your home, that could have some bad repercussions.
But ….. make sure to set up times at a local spot that people like to go to, or a local bike or car dealership, or festivals, or stop and shine hang outs.
That wouldn't be bad, and you would have less folks around where you live.
I wonder if Elio Motors is going to have flyers you can get a stack of to hand out?
That I would do, if anything, have a "pocket" you can put on your Elio to fill with flyers.
This way, if someone sees it, and is interested, but get insecure about talking to people, it could do the hand out when you were in a store, or in a restaurant.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm feeling the larger trunk. I wonder if the design will lend itself to aftermarket conversions though. I remember people converting Camaro and Firebird rear glass. The idea of the Elio seems to be commuting only but with people in the US downsizing to tiny homes I could see people using an Elio for more.
" Feel free to send along your thoughts to tellmemore@eliomotors.com"

Jun 23, 19:10 EDT

Thank You for keeping up the twice weekly blogs going. I'm still looking forward to hearing some more good news from you, and Paul Elio.

When you begin taking orders and making deliveries, you may find you have a built in sales force. This could be helpful to some reservationists that may want to see actual colors in person, and get a look at an ELIO in person.

I would suggest that many of us would be willing to have other reservationists visit us at our homes.
So, when an early SIL is fulfilled, you might ask the new ELIO owner if they would like to have visitors. If so, you could supply them with swatches of color, on metal would be nice, and other things they could show off to their other reservationist visitors.
P.S. I have a Pep Boys 2 miles away from my home, if you could swing a deal to have a small display in their stores, at the start of production, this might be an alternative also.

Thank You, Booboo
DZgi9ZuhbtTc8cY2LowfELYSIyi7z9aRtxBAxjPwBIlmM4vseZjT1GNRBTpJuMf2qaS47k3ZY7Q3m87QPfIJwDcF-KD2_1m7JXlugfdQ7-yQxRnW3AVBAowwag=s0-d-e1-ft

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jun 24, 16:45 EDT

Great thoughts BooBoo- as always, we deeply appreciate your support!
Best,
The Elio Team

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EHHHHhhhh I don't know about having them come over to your home, that could have some bad repercussions.
But ….. make sure to set up times at a local spot that people like to go to, or a local bike or car dealership, or festivals, or stop and shine hang outs.
That wouldn't be bad, and you would have less folks around where you live.
I wonder if Elio Motors is going to have flyers you can get a stack of to hand out?
That I would do, if anything, have a "pocket" you can put on your Elio to fill with flyers.
This way, if someone sees it, and is interested, but get insecure about talking to people, it could do the hand out when you were in a store, or in a restaurant.
My ELIO would be in the garage, that is as far as you get until you pass inspection.
I don't know why, but I think most people interested in an ELIO are good people, and it would be up to the individual reservationist if they wanted company.
I feel it might be an opportunity for some, like me, to meet new people and make unlikely friends.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My ELIO would be in the garage, that is as far as you get until you pass inspection.
I don't know why, but I think most people interested in an ELIO are good people, and it would be up to the individual reservationist if they wanted company.
I feel it might be an opportunity for some, like me, to meet new people and make unlikely friends.
Oh no blind faith in people.
I gather that you've never had a break in, or anything stolen from your property?
I have, and it leaves a really bad taste.
Could be that's the difference; I have had, what I thought were good people visiting; and it ended up poorly (especially for them).
So do as you please; I for one will remain on the careful side.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've already got a "Space Reserved" to show off my ELIO at the local gas station. On the weekend they get about 100 motorcycles stopping there.
All I need now is the ELIO and flyers.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is from a post I made in 2015...

" For what it's worth..... if I were in charge at Elio, every new car we delivered would come with a stack of "business cards". These would have basic info about the Elio including the web site address. Owners can give one of these cards to every stranger who wants to know about their Elio, and, unless I miss my guess, it would result in Elio making a ton of sales. What a sweet deal for Elio, thousands of people passing out advertising for them and the cool part is they don't have to pay anyone to do it.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One small problem with a larger trunk is the added wind resistance. After the air goes over the body it has to fill the space behind the vehicle. The best aerodynamics are forms that taper front and back. (Like some of the old Studebakers.) As Elio Motors is going for the highest possible MPG's I doubt they will offer an extended trunk. Roof rack might have to do.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One small problem with a larger trunk is the added wind resistance. After the air goes over the body it has to fill the space behind the vehicle. The best aerodynamics are forms that taper front and back. (Like some of the old Studebakers.) As Elio Motors is going for the highest possible MPG's I doubt they will offer an extended trunk. Roof rack might have to do.
You're probably right, a roof rack wouldn't offer any resistance at all. And besides, it's so much more convenient than a large trunk.

Top Bottom