• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio By The Numbers
September 14, 2018

Happy Friday Elio’ers! Before we get started, we hope that all of our friends on the East Coast are staying out of the path of Hurricane Florence. Our thoughts are with you and we hope you are in a safe and dry location until the storm passes.

Not long ago, we did some Elio Motors math in the Friday Blog and we like to think we were able to make math fun! While we did the math for you, this week will be even easier as we look at the Elio by the numbers.

1 – Door: The Elio has one door on the left side of the vehicle. Why only one? Having one door cuts down on both weight and costs. Also, one door allows us to have a stronger unibody frame, making the Elio a safer vehicle.

2 – Occupants: This one is self-explanatory- two occupants can sit in the Elio.

3 – Wheels: Our three-wheeled configuration comes with some built-in advantages, including lower costs, access to the HOV lane, and an undeniably unique look!

7 – Colors: In order to keep costs down, we have decided to offer seven standard colors: Creamsicle, True Blue, Marshmallow, Licorice, Red Hot, Sour Apple, and Rocket Silver. If there’s a color that you desire which is not on that list, we plan on offering a variety of different wraps!

32 – Pounds: Estimated number of pounds the tour team consumed in fudge from their favorite stop in Missouri on their multiple trips across our great country.

36 – States: Number of states that have hosted a tour stop… on our way to 50!

49 – MPG City: The Elio is designed to get 49 MPG around town

70+ – Blue Chip Suppliers: Our network of some of the best suppliers in the business is a big part of the project.

84 – MPG Highway: This is an important number for our commuting fans and as we mentioned in our recent “math blog”, that adds up to some serious savings.

120 – Retail centers: We plan on having 120 Elio retail centers across the country after all the reservation holders’ vehicles have been shipped. Find the map below!

200+ Tour Stops: While the tour is currently on a break while we focus on the next round of funding, we have had the pleasure of meeting hundreds of thousands of folks at over 200 tour stops across the country! We were unable to calculate how many gallons of hand sanitizer was used…

672 – Mile range: The Elio’s gas tank holds 8 gallons, so multiply that by 84 and you get a 672-mile range. On a road trip, the gas tank will definitely outlast your bladder.

12.5k- Calls: It’s never a dull moment for our customer service team, who have fielded over 12,500 calls in our history. If you ever think your phone bill is high, this stat should come as some comfort!

13.7k – Twitter Followers: Speaking of, this number could definitely be higher- if you’re on Twitter, follow us!

28.2k: $1,000 All-In reservations: If you were to make a $1,000 All-In reservation today, you would be around 28,200 in the reservation queue.

145k – Emails: We have received and answered over 145,000 emails over the years from fans and customers.

3.2mm -Square feet: Our plant in Shreveport, Louisiana, actually has more square footage than the Empire State Building. We will take up what we need and leave the rest for other manufacturers. Take that, Big Apple!

∞ – Number of possibilities: Through our option program, you’ll feel like you’re at a restaurant: you can order your options a la carte. This way, you’ll be able to pick an endless configuration of different option combinations.

65,000+: Our reservation holders:

This number is out of sequence here but is the most important to us. Without the support of our reservation holders, this journey would not be possible. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for your continued support and for coming along this journey with us!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another blog today and more dribble.... It sure would be nice if Elio would give us some "real" info. I know, I know, they
can't talk about it. I'm tired of hearing that too !
Dribble? I am really glad to see their progress with legislation. This is VERY important and hardly counts as dribble. Sure, it isn't a proclamation that production has started or that funding has been received but it's still one of the biggest things they have to get done to be successful. So, I, for one, am REALLY HAPPY with the Momentum they put out this week!

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dribble? I am really glad to see their progress with legislation. This is VERY important and hardly counts as dribble. Sure, it isn't a proclamation that production has started or that funding has been received but it's still one of the biggest things they have to get done to be successful. So, I, for one, am REALLY HAPPY with the Momentum they put out this week!

Let's agree to disagree.... It's only my personal opinion, but seems to me Elio should concentrate their efforts (and money) on trying to get the car into production and ignore those few states that have goofy laws. When the cars hit to roads and start coming into conflict with those laws the states themselves will take care of the problem. Why spend valuable resources on something that will fix it self? If the Elio never gets built then all the legislation in the world won't mean a thing. And as to the blog.... just more wasted space.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mmmmmm, I wonder what today's blog will be about?:D
ICYMI- An Elio Motors Press Release
September 21, 2018

Elio Motors Kicks Off Security Token Pre-Sale to Fund Production
September 20, 2018

PHOENIX, AZ – September 20, 2018 — Elio Motors, Inc. (OTCQB: ELIO), developer of the ultra-high-mileage three-wheel vehicle, the Elio, announced today that it has formally launched the pre-sale of the ElioCoin Security Token. The company also announced that Patrick M. Byrne, Overstock.com’s founder and CEO, has agreed to become the first participant in the pre-sale.

Elio Motors currently intends to raise up to $25 million in the offering, which is limited to certain institutional and accredited investors pursuant to Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933 (the “Securities Act”). The proceeds of the offering will be used to fund the capital expenditures necessary to bring the Elio into production.

“This is a watershed moment for Elio Motors,” said Paul Elio, CEO. “Our newest partnerships with Dr. Byrne and other major institutional investors have further crystallized our vision of bringing the Elio to production. We look forward to the launch of ElioCoin and offering secondary trading on tZERO’s security token platform.”

“I am honored to be the first participant in the ElioCoin pre-sale, as I am confident in the company’s movement toward bringing this evolutionary vehicle into production,” said lead investor Dr. Byrne. “More importantly, I believe the design of the ElioCoin is groundbreaking and may pave a way for a new era in raising funds to pay for public infrastructure (such as bridges and turnpikes), real estate, and even fund pharmaceutical research (regarding which I have already been enthusiastically contacted).”

JonesTrading Institutional Services LLC is acting as the placement agent for the pre-sale which will continue through October 15th, with the company reserving the right to extend or terminate the pre-sale at its sole discretion. Units in the pre-sale offering are constituted of ElioCoin Tokens and Series E preferred equity convertible at $10 per share. Following the pre-sale, Elio plans to launch a more broadly marketed main sale of the ElioCoin. This sale will be conducted in the same spirit as the company’s long-stated goal of building a vehicle affordable to a wide range of consumers. Details on the main sale will be forthcoming after the conclusion of the pre-sale. As currently planned, the main sale will also be conducted pursuant to Regulation D of the Securities Act.

Yep,,, just another repeat ;)

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dang another repeat.

A Powertrain Press Release
September 28, 2018

Elio Motors signs MoU with Automotive Fortune 500 OEM to Provide Powertrain – Projects $120 million Research and Development Cost Savings
September 27, 2018

Elio Motors signs MoU with Automotive Fortune 500 OEM to Provide Powertrain Projects $120 million Research and Development Cost Savings

PHOENIX, September 27, 2018 — Elio Motors, Inc. (OTCQB: ELIO), developer of the ultra-high-mileage, low-cost three-wheel Elio vehicle, announced that they had entered into a memorandum of understanding with a Fortune 500 OEM, to provide the engine foundation as part of a new powertrain for the Elio vehicle. Elio currently projects that the new powertrain will result in $120 million in research and development cost savings. The company is working with the engineering team at Roush to develop a new Elio prototype employing the OEM powertrain.

“Purchasing an OEM’s existing powertrain has an enormous impact on the project, it helps both expedite the timeline, and it directly reduces our capital requirement by about $120 million dollars”, said Elio Motors CEO, Paul Elio. “This powertrain will also greatly enhance the Elio’s performance by nearly doubling its horsepower while still maintaining class-leading fuel economy at an affordable ultra-low price”.

Roush will integrate the new powertrain into Elio’s prototype in order to begin preliminary testing procedures. These testing procedures will prepare the Elio for production, which will occur at the Elio Motors manufacturing facility in Shreveport, Louisiana.

The new powertrain will push the Elio’s performance specifications far beyond prior consumer expectations. The engine should offer nearly a 100% increase in horsepower rating when compared to initial Elio prototype vehicles. When combined with the Elio’s low curb weight, the new powertrain is expected to deliver excellent driver response and a highly improved acceleration time. Even with the Elio’s substantial increase in performance, the advanced technology in the new powertrain should enable Elio Motors to achieve their promise of ultra-high fuel efficiency.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors had to have IAV design an engine for them because no currant (at that time) supplier could or would sell them an engine in the power range, price point and volume, Elio required.

Fast forward to yesterday. Things have changed at an OEM supplier. They are now willing and able to at least talk about selling, not only engines, but transmissions!

Some have said Paul made a mistake by having his own engine designed. This not true. Paul did what he had to do. I believe he is doing that now. He is doing what he has to do to build the best autocycle at the lowest price and quickest time possible with the money available today.

Top Bottom