• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One problem with their math is the assumptions they are making. First is that the Elio will average 84 mpg and your current vehicle gets 28 mpg average. If your current vehicle gets better mileage then you will end up paying more per month for gas with the Elio card to make the minimum payment.
Well, as long as the Elio gets at least 39 MPG, it'll be triple my current mileage so maybe on average, it gets 3 times the average mileage.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gas Savings Add Up…
October 26, 2018

Happy Friday Elio’ers! When we talk about the Elio’s ultra-low base price, the conversation inevitably tuns to the topic of payment options. As we continue to focus on the next round of funding, this week’s Friday Blog from the archive is going to cover our unique financing plan. Just so we’re all on the same page, we’ll start out with the basics and then get into the nitty-gritty details.

The genesis of this plan is centered on the economics of the Elio (ultra-low cost and high mileage) and the average miles per gallon of a vehicle on the road today. The average vehicle on the road today gets around 21 MPG, on average, while the Elio is targeting over three times that amount. This means that the Elio should cost the average driver 1/3 of their current spend for fuel to drive the same miles.

Basically, we call this financing option “Have your gas savings make your payment.” If you choose this program, you will receive a special Elio Motors credit card when you pick up your new Elio. Each time you stop at a gas station, you will use the Elio Motors credit card to pay for the gas and the card. Your credit card statement, however, will reflect the gas purchase as 3 times the purchase amount. You are used to paying the higher amount for gas so you don’t feel it in your pocket, but you end up with a new, warrantied vehicle in the process!

So, for example, let’s say that you spend $20 on gas to fill up your tank. The card will be charged a total of $60. Why the $60? $20 is going to the oil company and the remaining $40 goes toward the balance of your vehicle. So, thus the name, the money you would otherwise be spending on gas is paying for your new ride!

Here are some great questions that frequently come in about the program:

Q: What kind of credit will I need to qualify?

We are focused on making the Elio, but the partner we choose to supply the credit card will make this determination. There, of course, will be some creditworthiness requirements, but we believe that with our ultra-low base price that a wide range of credit scores will qualify. We know logically that more people can qualify for $7,000 loan than for a new car costing over $30,000.

Q: Will there be a minimum payment?

Yes, there will need to be a minimum amount paid toward the loan amount every month, regardless of gas purchases. The minimum amount will depend on a number of factors and will be available in the coming months.

Q: Can I use the credit card when I fill up my other vehicles? What about other purchases?

That detail is yet to be finalized, but we anticipate the answer to be yes, you can use the card whenever you like! Important to note however that the card will work the same for all purchases. All purchases will be charged 3X the amount, with 2/3rds of the purchase going toward the payment of your Elio.

Q: Can I opt for different payment options, or even just pay in cash?

Absolutely you can pay in cash! Additionally, we will have traditional financing options available so you have options on how to best finance your Elio.

Thanks for your support and have a spectacular weekend!
No thanks, I'd rather pay cash.
So... Here's my money...

Hello?
Bueller?

Reactions: KD

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can You Spare a Tire?
November 2, 2018

Happy Friday Elio’ers! We hope that you thoroughly enjoyed Halloween and are now ready to enjoy the relative calm that comes before the Holiday Season kicks into high gear. Before you know it, the stress of the season will be upon us, so enjoy this time while it’s here! This week’s Friday Blog is dedicated to a singular topic that has remained popular since we started: the matter of a spare tire in the Elio.

Believe it or not, the issue of a spare tire has remained one of the most popular points of discussion regarding the vehicle since the very beginning. We decided to tackle this topic this week because we recently came across a Consumer Reports article titled “Some Newer Cars Are Missing a Spare Tire.”

The article begins with a reader asking if they were “ripped off” because their new vehicle did not come with a spare tire as standard equipment. Consumer Reports answered with “Not really. About a third of new cars today do not come with a spare tire, though they may be equipped with a compressor and sealant kit to temporarily fix a flat tire.” Why you might ask? Per the article, “Carmakers are skipping the spare because of regulatory pressure to squeeze more miles out of every gallon of fuel: Ditching the 40 or 50 pounds that a tire and jack usually add to a car’s weight helps to increase fuel economy slightly.”

We have also decided to forgo a standard spare tire for several reasons. One reason, as outlined in the article, is because it adds weight, which hurts fuel economy. It also adds to the overall cost, which we are committed to keeping as low as we possibly can. Not only that, but not many folks either know how or are willing to change their own tires. If you can believe it, according to NBC News, 60% of Americans can’t change a tire! Don’t get us started…

We have some supporters that are adamant that a spare should be available. As is the case with all of our potential add-ons, if there is enough demand, we will offer it through our ePlus: My Elio, My Way option program. So, if the idea that paying someone to change a tire for you is a personal slight, we’ll have you covered.

Thank you, as always, for your support and enjoy your weeken

Typo corrected.

Last edited:

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got a special place where you would suggest putting a spare? There might just be enough room to hide a bicycle hand pump! Continental kit??
Spare tire, rear view mirror, a window in the hatch, backup camera. I don't understand the need for any of these things. I had the pleasure of sitting in P5 up in Dallas, in what seems like forever ago, and was extremely pleased as to how it is so right sized.

The most baffling to me is the want of a rear view mirror and window in the hatch. Once you see it in person, the realization of how small the ass end gets sets in and it is obvious those items would just be silly.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spare tire, rear view mirror, a window in the hatch, backup camera. I don't understand the need for any of these things. I had the pleasure of sitting in P5 up in Dallas, in what seems like forever ago, and was extremely pleased as to how it is so right sized.

The most baffling to me is the want of a rear view mirror and window in the hatch. Once you see it in person, the realization of how small the ass end gets sets in and it is obvious those items would just be silly.
Agreed :D

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We have some supporters that are adamant that a flat tire should be available."

I got a good chuckle out of that, teehee.

There is not enough room for a flat tire. Maybe they could include a do-it-yourself flat tire kit.
hammer-n9ail.jpg

Top Bottom