• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone who has a good picture from the front looking through the Elio with the rear hatch open should post that here. That way, everyone can see what a futile thing a rear window would be.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3D0BCBE3-278F-4123-A8BC-98CB6BF5D56C.jpeg
Someone who has a good picture from the front looking through the Elio with the rear hatch open should post that here. That way, everyone can see what a futile thing a rear window would be.
I have the opposite direction that shows how useless a rear view mirror would be.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guage that we can all agree a traditional rearward-facing mirror mounted in the center of the high-side line-of-sight would be impractical if not rendered unusable. In the interest of thinking outside the box and tackling a problem with an engineered solution, there are alternatives. Consider the cockpit layout of modern F15 fighter jets, with narrow, curved, convex mirrors lining the forward cross-member and both left and right A pillars.

A human factors study would be necessary to study the ergonomics of incorporating mirrors in a likewise fashion in the Elio. This could be as simple as temporarily affixing mirrors in desired positions, sitting in the driver seat, and evaluating the likelihood of spatial disorientation, blocked peripheral viewing areas, enhanced blind spots, actual visibility gains, and running a cost-benefit analysis.

Ultimately, I don't see this as a show-stopper for reaching production readiness. Convex blind-spot mirrors in various shapes and sizes can be had at any auto parts supply store for a modest price.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/231935449536343726/

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not a big deal. try looking out the back of a Polaris Spider. Back up cam built into radio very common now almost standard equipment.
And will be require in all cars by the time ELIO is built.
Lot of way to deal with it rear viewing cameras are cheap now days.

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not a big deal. try looking out the back of a Polaris Spider. Back up cam built into radio very common now almost standard equipment.
And will be require in all cars by the time ELIO is built.
Lot of way to deal with it rear viewing cameras are cheap now days.

It will NOT be required , as Elio is a motorcycle

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still... last Christmas, I bought a backup camera and monitor for my daughter's Toyota Yaris for $20. Yup, twenty dollars. It still works and still has a good picture.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still... last Christmas, I bought a backup camera and monitor for my daughter's Toyota Yaris for $20. Yup, twenty dollars. It still works and still has a good picture.
I just sold a car that had a backup camera I installed 3 years ago. Cost me $40 online. Worked fine.

Reactions: Ty
Top Bottom