• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No blog.
HAPPY NEW YEAR :clock:
I will make you one.

Thank you for your support in 2018. We look forward to a productive and successful New Year!

e motor.jpg

-The Elio Team

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll prestart this Friday Blog watch with a little fake news.

Roush announces that they've just completed Elio Trident engineering and have exceeded Elio's original efficiency and horsepower goals while maintaining price requirements. Huge success in engineering. Additionally, Roush announces they will be offering a Turbo kit for the Elio beginning Q2 2020 that will retail for $499 plus tax.

Roush Elio.jpg

Remember, this was all done in fun in lieu of a Friday Blog at this time.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back to Basics
January 4, 2019

Happy Friday Elio’ers! We hope that you had a festive and restful couple of weeks and have not found the transition back to reality too taxing. The start of a New Year is always exciting because it means that a new calendar year begins as a blank slate and full of possibilities. Over the past few weeks, a sizable number of new folks found out about Elio, which makes for an exciting start of the year for us! As we welcome our new supporters into the fold, we thought we’d start off the year with a FAQ. We know that for some of our die-hard followers, this information is old hat, but we want to give the newly initiated a chance to have as much information about Elio Motors as you do. Let’s get to it!

First, we received a wide variety of basic, technical questions about the Elio. Instead of answering each question, like how many gallons the gas tank can hold and the mileage on the highway, please find below a link to a spec sheet that contains a tremendous amount of information.

Spec Sheet

Question- Is the Elio electric and if not, when will an electric Elio be available?

The Elio runs on good old regular, unleaded gasoline. Currently, all our focus is on getting our first model on the road, but that doesn’t rule out an alternative sourced Elio in the future!

Question- Once I get my Elio, how will I pay for it?

We plan on making paying for your Elio a breeze by having several different payment options available. We will offer all the typical financing options that you are accustomed to, as well as one that is brand new. For now, we call this option “Let your gas savings make your payment.” Here’s how it will work: Upon picking up your Elio, you’ll get an Elio Motors credit card, which you’ll use each time you gas up your vehicle. If you spend $20 on gas, your card will be charged $60. While $20 will go to the gas company, the other $40 will go toward paying off your vehicle. Some of the details like minimum payment and interest rates are still being worked out, but essentially your gas savings are paying for your new vehicle!

Question- When can I pick my options and colors?

This fun step will begin about 60 days before you pick up your Elio. How will that work? You will receive an email that will have unique log-in credentials for your own personal order page. On that page, you will pick out your color, options, financing plan, etc. and submit your vehicle to be made!

Question- What progress is being made now?

At this stage in the project, we are in funding mode. The production date is estimated to be 76 weeks from the timely and successful completion of our current and subsequent fundraising efforts. The timing and availability of the funds can move and we will do everything we can to keep the project moving forward by utilizing each piece of funding received, as we receive it.

Thanks for your support and have a magnificent weekend!

I can answer this Question- Once I get my Elio, how will I pay for it?
Save up!
You have time. No one should have to borrow money to buy an Elio.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And there you go. We're officially into latter part of 2020 before any Elio's roll off the line, still 76 weeks..Did not change with new drive train. That's if funding was this week! I think it's safe to say the initial offering of ElioCoin was a bust. it was supposed to have closed on 10/15/18, and yet, not a single update. The trading platform TZero isn't even up quite yet, but they've seemed to have distanced themselves from Elio as well. Put a fork in it.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Friday blog says: "Over the past few weeks, a sizable number of new folks found out about Elio"

Could this be the result of the recent video: "How this Radical Car Missed its Chance to Change the World"?

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the Elio main page:

Elio is literally a news-making machine. And our monthly newsletter will keep you updated on everything between now and the day your Elio arrives. Safe to say you’re not going to be doing much reading for a while after that.

So does this mean only one "blog" per month as well? As for Elio being a "news-making machine", they don't show any news stories any newer than September 2016 and the most recent Press Release was September 2018. Really? No news stories for two years?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Auto Industry and Tech Jobs
January 11, 2019

Happy Friday Elio’ers! We’re not sure about you, but we think this is kind of a strange time of year. Now that the holidays are retreating in the rearview mirror, it feels like, well, winter. Usually, the way you feel about winter can be summed up in 2 ways. Number 1- It’s cold outside and the days are way too short. It’s freezing, and I have no interest in venturing outside. At least there’s a good excuse to watch TV. Number 2- It’s not too cold out and the days are getting longer! Plus, you can always dress for the weather. No matter which camp you are in, we won’t judge. We hope that either way you’re finding your way through the post-holiday season.

If you’ve read our blogs on occasion, you know that we think that American manufacturing is vitally important to our country. Last year, the manufacturing industry was responsible for about 11.6% of the United States’ total economic output, to the tune of $2.33 trillion. If you isolated the U.S. manufacturing sector, it would rank as the 9th largest economy in the world. It goes without saying that manufacturing remains vitally important. We recently came across an interesting article about the future of American automotive jobs. The article, from WXYZ in Detroit, is titled “Auto industry quickly shifting to tech jobs.”

It should come as no surprise that the automotive industry is changing as a result of technology. The article reasons that workers with a technical background will be increasingly sought for the automotive industry. John McElroy, an expert from Autoline, believes that web programmers and engineers familiar with 3D printing will in short order be in high demand for the automotive industry. Moving forward, white-collar automotive workers should have a background in math, science, and technology.

That is not to say, however, that blue-collar workers will be out of work. From the article, “For blue-collar workers that means skilled trades are a go-to job right now. There’s a critical shortage of electricians and millwrights.” No matter how the industry changes, there will always be a need for well-trained and knowledgeable tradesmen.

At Elio Motors, we believe in creating American automotive jobs in every arena, both white and blue collar. Manufacturing jobs are the backbone of our nation’s economy, and we work every day to bring jobs to Louisiana.

As always, thanks for your support and have a tremendous weekend!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We should start a list of EM’s production progress/milestone events that have been reported in the Friday Blog since EM’s “thanks to it’s supporters” and “investment guarantee” news release back in December 2015. Time flies.
84549BDB-7D0D-4A14-93E5-C13DAE49EBF0.jpeg

Elio Motor’s $15 Million Reg A+ successfully completed Production Milestone Events:

Last edited:
Top Bottom