• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if by "stakeholders" they meant they had new investors who wanted to be there. Existing "stakeholders" would have known about this for a long time and accommodated it in their schedule. But new investors?
While this would be nice, I kind of doubt that any new investor would want to do this. I'm sure Elio told them that if we delay this thing any more we WILL lose people. People with money on the line are getting very impatient and people thinking about ponying up will run away from one more delay. As a new investor, why would I shoot the project in the foot before I even got involved?
In addition, the whole 'immovable schedule' thing seems pretty shady as well.
I don't know where G1 got the info that the engine is performing better than expected, but I sure hope that is accurate. From where I sit, this seems to be another delay based on funding or performance. I can't imagine a new or current stakeholder willing to put this bad PR out there due to a scheduling conflict.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Considering the engine unveiling date was planned well in advance I hope this delay was caused by a DOE meeting about the ATVM loan popping up unexpectedly as that would definitely be one of the better reasons for changing the date on this event. Also as EM has in fact never told us when they have had DOE meetings this would be something they could not tell us about directly. :)

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well "after sleeping on it" -
1. The -email is not the usual "no-reply" we receive from company announcements- i.e. I "replied" to it and it went back- so do the same, it made me feel better
2. With the importance of this event, and knowing EXACTLY when the event was planned, Either "THEY" couldn't make it"
or "my dog ate my homework" were probably the two excuses left that EM discussed. Since we know the dog story,they decided to go with the other.
3.How about a Private showing?? The engine must have been running 7 days?, 14, 15......
4. Why do "they" even have to be there ?, If I got deep pockets, I could re-schedule, wait till I see it in person The WSJ? TV?, Official EM video? live broadcast? AND/OR send a rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Did EM expect them to come with checkbook in hand?
5. I was disappointed with the recent $ announcement, and all the crap we generated to rationalize/ justify it away
6. THIS IS THE WORST OF THE DELAYS,-All the other delays were able to be rationalized away by referring to the contract, past quotable statements, and external delays they had no control over, and what an honest, trustworthy man PE is.- Not this time - this is all on EM, and now I'm saying it out loud-
"HE IS LYING"

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. The -email is not the usual "no-reply" we receive from company announcements- i.e. I "replied" to it and it went back- so do the same, it made me feel better
2. With the importance of this event, and knowing EXACTLY when the event was planned, Either "THEY" couldn't make it"
or "my dog ate my homework" were probably the two excuses left that EM discussed. Since we know the dog story,they decided to go with the other.
3.How about a Private showing?? The engine must have been running 7 days?, 14, 15......
4. Why do "they" even have to be there ?, If I got deep pockets, I could re-schedule, wait till I see it in person The WSJ? TV?, Official EM video? live broadcast? AND/OR send a rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Did EM expect them to come with checkbook in hand?
5. I was disappointed with the recent $ announcement, and all the crap we generated to rationalize/ justify it away
6. THIS IS THE WORST OF THE DELAYS,-All the other delays were able to be rationalized away by referring to the contract, past quotable statements, and external delays they had no control over, and what an honest, trustworthy man PE is.- Not this time - this is all on EM, and now I'm saying it out loud-
"HE IS LYING"
Or at least being purposefully obtuse in his excuses. And yes, that can include lying, but for the greater good. We are lied to all the time by people that are trying to protect something. The question is, if we knew the truth, how would we react? Depends upon the truth I guess...

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
"HE IS LYING"

See my statement above yours for one possible explanation which would likely require Paul Elio himself to be absent and which would have occurred independently and out of EM's control.

While this is definitely one of the strangest delays we have seen there are likely several perfectly plausible scenarios which could have occurred resulting in this last minute change so there is a very good chance that nobody is lying about anything and instead this is merely life being as unpredictable as ever.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Comptrex
Lying for the greater good? How many leaders have used that rational to justify-
(fill in your choice here)
Lying and deceit can NEVER be for the greater good. We even tell "white" lies, keep our fingers crossed behind our back, knowing full well, when it's all said and done we try to rationalize/justify/fantasize our deceit so we can live with ourselves.
I'm surprised knowing a bit about you, that you would fear others reactions to the(your) truth.
We disagree a lot here, and I still think you're a cool dude!!!
or as you might say "keep the faith"

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Comptrex
Lying for the greater good? How many leaders have used that rational to justify-
(fill in your choice here)
Lying and deceit can NEVER be for the greater good. We even tell "white" lies, keep our fingers crossed behind our back, knowing full well, when it's all said and done we try to rationalize/justify/fantasize our deceit so we can live with ourselves.
I'm surprised knowing a bit about you, that you would fear others reactions to the(your) truth.
We disagree a lot here, and I still think you're a cool dude!!!
or as you might say "keep the faith"
:)
Hey, I didn't say I AGREE with lying for the greater good. I think it's crap and ...well...a lie! But I also know that it is very common.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
See my statement above yours for one possible explanation which would likely require Paul Elio himself to be absent and which would have occurred independently and out of EM's control.

While this is definitely one of the strangest delays we have seen there are likely several perfectly plausible scenarios which could have occurred resulting in this last minute change so there is a very good chance that nobody is lying about anything and instead this is merely life being as unpredictable as ever.
Yes, but for me there are no "perfectly plausible scenarios" I agree we could make a list of "plausibles"-but none would ever be "perfectly"

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, I didn't say I AGREE with lying for the greater good. I think it's crap and ...well...a lie! But I also know that it is very common.
My apology, yes I re-read your post, I guess I should wait until tonight, and give me time to get centered, I'm too angry.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Considering the engine unveiling date was planned well in advance I hope this delay was caused by a DOE meeting about the ATVM loan popping up unexpectedly as that would definitely be one of the better reasons for changing the date on this event. Also as EM has in fact never told us when they have had DOE meetings this would be something they could not tell us about directly. :)
Wait a minute, G1. Are you applauding the possibility that this is actually a weasel-worded misdirection instead of the forthright communication it appears to be?

Top Bottom