• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait a minute, G1. Are you applauding the possibility that this is actually a weasel-worded misdirection instead of the forthright communication it appears to be?
I think that Uncle Goofy is just trying to keep the burning embers from exploding into a full out 4 alarmer!

Uncle Goofy... Sometimes I crack myself up!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Considering the engine unveiling date was planned well in advance I hope this delay was caused by a DOE meeting about the ATVM loan popping up unexpectedly as that would definitely be one of the better reasons for changing the date on this event. Also as EM has in fact never told us when they have had DOE meetings this would be something they could not tell us about directly. :)
I do think something or someone almighty important must have come along in order to reschedule an event of this magnitude, especially since it was scheduled about a month ahead of time. So it is possible this announcement isn't what it seems. On the face of it, this delay is costly to a company already being battered by bad news. But perhaps something really good (or just inevitable) has caused this delay. I don't like it that they couldn't get the new date in the same announcement.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that Uncle Goofy is just trying to keep the burning embers from exploding into a full out 4 alarmer!

Uncle Goofy... Sometimes I crack myself up!

While I do try and stay optimistic about things thoughts along those lines had also occurred to me prior to sharing that bit of speculation. :D

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point, I don't think I have anything positive left to offer, so I will refrain from further postings. I no longer feel the desire or need to defend Paul Elio. I feel deceived as do many here. The negatives are starting to outweigh the positives. I will occasionally check back to this forum for updates, but I'm feeling that the past year I have spent viewing and posting here, has been for entertainment and meeting a bunch of great like minded people only. From here, it's up to Elio Motors.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point, I don't think I have anything positive left to offer, so I will refrain from further postings. I no longer feel the desire or need to defend Paul Elio. I feel deceived as do many here. The negatives are starting to outweigh the positives. I will occasionally check back to this forum for updates, but I'm feeling that the past year I have spent viewing and posting here, has been for entertainment and meeting a bunch of great like minded people only. From here, it's up to Elio Motors.
Too bad.
See you around Eddie...:(

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I do think something or someone almighty important must have come along in order to reschedule an event of this magnitude, especially since it was scheduled about a month ahead of time. So it is possible this announcement isn't what it seems. On the face of it, this delay is costly to a company already being battered by bad news. But perhaps something really good (or just inevitable) has caused this delay. I don't like it that they couldn't get the new date in the same announcement.

I agree that the last minute cancellation of a major milestone event such as this, which was planned weeks in advance, is definitely a very strange move which would have only occurred due to something very important occurring. In reality from where I am sitting the only 'major stakeholders' not being able to attend which would be worth moving this event for would be Paul Elio, major DOE or federal government representative, or someone with deep enough pockets to fund the rest of the EM project.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree that the last minute cancellation of a major milestone event such as this, which was planned weeks in advance, is definitely a very strange move which would have only occurred due to something very important occurring. In reality from where I am sitting the only 'major stakeholders' not being able to attend which would be worth moving this event for would be Paul Elio, major DOE or federal government representative, or someone with deep enough pockets to fund the rest of the EM project.
Or possibly a problem with the engine?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

I am sorry to hear that Eddie. I know this has definitely been frustrating for many people. I would say if that is the case for you take a break for a while and check back with us in a few months or whenever you hear about some good news from EM. :)

Top Bottom