• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No body said it was going to be easy. Just like you I hope justice prevails but that is not the way some greedy "COMPETITION" looks at it. Just like sharks you'll never know they are there until they show up. And protection from unjust competition is the true roll for Government not who to dole what to. Granted that a loan can be a gentle nudge and a positive thing. But, we both know history is replete with greedy cronyisms. P.S.If we go any further we might be getting political.
WoW? unreal!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why has it not gotten political ?
ELIO:
Outstanding fuel mileage without batteries.
Low emissions eco friendly
Smaller size takes up less space
Low cost affordability to those with other places to spend their money.
Safe and what may prove to be low maintance.

Every thing about the ELIO screams build this car. Everything about it says if you going to offer Tax payer support in the way of loans, this is it.
Not a dime.
But offer up a phony green solar company not just loans but cash grants sinful amounts and every dime lost over and over again. Huge amounts of cash for GM and the junk Volt and then FORCE government agencies to buy them. Then offer huge tax credits to those that buy them. A tiny little 240 million dollar loan guarantee is nothing less than what was wasted on solar in one day.
The ELIO once on the road will sell without any Tax credits you won't have to force people to buy them. They may not be right for every one but they will sell.
Maybe it is time to get political. It already is.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the other hand, if not for big government, and all of it's bureaucratic red tape and regulations it would not be so hard to start a business.
Just think where Ford would be if Henry had to contend with big government and Ralph Nader.
He'd probably still be trying to get some bureaucrats sign off on the assembly line.
Henry Ford as an individual didn't need government regulation. He was a self regulating visionary. Perhaps Henry would have gotten to production a year early had there been the need forgovernment assistance and regulation.

I agree with your signing off statement because about 50% of our current big government political breakdown is filled with obstructionist bureaucrats. If EM is successful to production it will have been because of direct government support in providing facilities and profit making concessions that extend into the 2026 production Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why has it not gotten political ?
ELIO:
Outstanding fuel mileage without batteries.
Low emissions eco friendly
Smaller size takes up less space
Low cost affordability to those with other places to spend their money.
Safe and what may prove to be low maintance.

Every thing about the ELIO screams build this car. Everything about it says if you going to offer Tax payer support in the way of loans, this is it.
Not a dime.
But offer up a phony green solar company not just loans but cash grants sinful amounts and every dime lost over and over again. Huge amounts of cash for GM and the junk Volt and then FORCE government agencies to buy them. Then offer huge tax credits to those that buy them. A tiny little 240 million dollar loan guarantee is nothing less than what was wasted on solar in one day.
The ELIO once on the road will sell without any Tax credits you won't have to force people to buy them. They may not be right for every one but they will sell.
Maybe it is time to get political. It already is.
I agree with most everything you say about the Elio, but don't understand your comments regarding alternative energy to support options that reduce our dependency on foreign oil. The upside is that it does provide you with more affordable gas for your personal vehicle choices. Nobody is requiring you to buy EVs or use solar generated power which we may be using as we speak and not even realize it. Have you owned and or driven a Volt to review it as junk? Is the Volt junkier than any other GM vehicle? I wouldn't buy any GM product because I don't trust the brand. I know little about GM's Volt and their new Bolt concept, but I do know that the Tesla Motor's EV lineup is high performance and quality built. I'm seriously hoping the Elio won't be junk at a mere $6800.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the reality is, electric vehicles have their place but they aren't (at this point in time) the universal answer .... last week we sold the only street legal electric vehicle we have ever owned .... we made money on the sale, are delighted to see it go, and hope never to be cursed by owning another .... while an electric vehicle may well meet the needs of some people, for us they do not .... tomorrow we will leave early in the morning, drive 5 hours west at interstate speed to visit my Mom to celebrated her 90th birthday and then turn around and drive 5 hours back .... when possible, we try to make that trip at least once a month .... I don't know of an electric vehicle that capable of doing so .... we travel the county towing our camper about 6 months a year .... here again, I don't know of an electric vehicle that capable of doing so .... where they meet the wants/needs of people, I think that's great and am glad that they are available .... I don't believe that tax credits should be given to encourage people to buy them .... let the market decide

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the reality is, electric vehicles have their place but they aren't (at this point in time) the universal answer .... last week we sold the only street legal electric vehicle we have ever owned .... we made money on the sale, are delighted to see it go, and hope never to be cursed by owning another .... while an electric vehicle may well meet the needs of some people, for us they do not .... tomorrow we will leave early in the morning, drive 5 hours west at interstate speed to visit my Mom to celebrated her 90th birthday and then turn around and drive 5 hours back .... when possible, we try to make that trip at least once a month .... I don't know of an electric vehicle that capable of doing so .... we travel the county towing our camper about 6 months a year .... here again, I don't know of an electric vehicle that capable of doing so .... where they meet the wants/needs of people, I think that's great and am glad that they are available .... I don't believe that tax credits should be given to encourage people to buy them .... let the market decide
Not to mention, how is electricity made? It certainty doesn't come from unicorns and rainbows.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
oh now you've gone and disillusioned me beyond belief .... you mean it really doesn't come from rainbows ... :eek:
Never under estimate the power of Rainbows and moonbeams. They will condition us to conclude Czars as more appropriate not duly elected representation. Also lets not forget Merlin has a magic wand for a pin to administer to you too. LOL

Top Bottom