• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now let's stay on "Spirit" for just a moment longer. Yes Rucrazey, I love sailboats but you completely missed my point about the "J"class. It was a class that had died and all the odds against her in that she was way to expensive and opulent as long ago as the 1930s. Yet here she comes roaring back to life in all her magnificence and, glory, and in your face display of opulence and success. Railing against all the 2 bit politicians and self appointed commies who think this kind of wealth is to be redistributed among the deserving welfare recipients. No one person or party elected or not has the right to dictate who gets what if it is acquired honestly. The "J" class champions that idea in spades. The Elio is very much akin to this spirit in that all odds say the Elio will be squashed by the crony politicians in the pockets of larger car manufacturers. Yet the Elio is the product of a free thinking engineer who is industrious and brave enough to go against the status quo of big business and big Government and produce the thinking man (woman)s idea of an alternative transportation that just makes sense. So as my Avatar suggests; Lets ride on to glory and "go with passion".
This is not politics. This is just straight and true thinking and in that spirit here is one of my heroes.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now let's stay on "Spirit" for just a moment longer. Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead. Yes Rucrazey, I love sailboats but you completely missed my point about the "J"class. It was a class that had died and all the odds against her in that she was way to expensive and opulent as long ago as the 1930s. Yet here she comes roaring back to life in all her magnificence and, glory, and in your face display of opulence and success. Railing against all the 2 bit politicians and self appointed commies who think this kind of wealth is to be redistributed among the deserving welfare recipients. No one person or party elected or not has the right to dictate who gets what if it is acquired honestly. The "J" class champions that idea in spades. The Elio is very much akin to this spirit in that all odds say the Elio will be squashed by the crony politicians in the pockets of larger car manufacturers. Yet the Elio is the product of a free thinking engineer who is industrious and brave enough to go against the status quo of big business and big Government and produce the thinking man (woman)s idea of an alternative transportation that just makes sense. So as my Avatar suggests; Lets ride on to glory and "go with passion".
This is not politics this is just straight and true thinking and in that spirit here is one of my heroes.

I simply don't understand your "go against the staus quo of BIG government" comment when both BIG State and BIG Local Shreveport Governments have already invested millions in the Elio dream, by providing for manufacturing facilities, along with a laundry list of EM profit incentives to provide manufacturing jobs in Shreveport. Also, we are hoping for the BIG Federal Government to approve the low interest BIG Government ATVM Loan application to get things kickstarted and back on track to production.

Also, BIG Auto (VW) owns 50% control of IAV and is responsible for the design, engineering, building, and testing the new Elio engine.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I simply don't understand your "go against the staus quo of BIG government" comment
No body said it was going to be easy. Just like you I hope justice prevails but that is not the way some greedy "COMPETITION" looks at it. Just like sharks you'll never know they are there until they show up. And protection from unjust competition is the true roll for Government not who to dole what to. Granted that a loan can be a gentle nudge and a positive thing. But, we both know history is replete with greedy cronyisms. P.S.If we go any further we might be getting political.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No body said it was going to be easy. Just like you I hope justice prevails but that is not the way some greedy "COMPETITION" looks at it. Just like sharks you'll never know they are there until they show up. And protection from unjust competition is the true roll for Government not who to dole what to. Granted that a loan can be a gentle nudge and a positive thing. But, we both know history is replete with greedy cronyisms. P.S.If we go any further we might be getting political.
No political discussion please other than knowing without the involvement and support of BIG government and politics Elio Motors would not be as far along as they are today. I think we are both after the same result an Elio in out driveways. LOL

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we are both after the same result an Elio in out driveways. LOL
I'm sad to be pointing out to you that certain reality. In truth the audacity of Paul and his Elio is a political statement in and of itself. For it is a passion for the rights of all individuals. Which flies in the face of powerful competitors, who would squash us all given the slightest chance . That's as far as I'm going. All the more proud of both Paul and my right to own his.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No political discussion please other than knowing without the involvement and support of BIG government and politics Elio Motors would not be as far along as they are today. I think we are both after the same result an Elio in out driveways. LOL

On the other hand, if not for big government, and all of it's bureaucratic red tape and regulations it would not be so hard to start a business.
Just think where Ford would be if Henry had to contend with big government and Ralph Nader.
He'd probably still be trying to get some bureaucrats sign off on the assembly line.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now let's stay on "Spirit" for just a moment longer. Yes Rucrazey, I love sailboats but you completely missed my point about the "J"class. It was a class that had died and all the odds against her in that she was way to expensive and opulent as long ago as the 1930s. Yet here she comes roaring back to life in all her magnificence and, glory, and in your face display of opulence and success. Railing against all the 2 bit politicians and self appointed commies who think this kind of wealth is to be redistributed among the deserving welfare recipients. No one person or party elected or not has the right to dictate who gets what if it is acquired honestly. The "J" class champions that idea in spades. The Elio is very much akin to this spirit in that all odds say the Elio will be squashed by the crony politicians in the pockets of larger car manufacturers. Yet the Elio is the product of a free thinking engineer who is industrious and brave enough to go against the status quo of big business and big Government and produce the thinking man (woman)s idea of an alternative transportation that just makes sense. So as my Avatar suggests; Lets ride on to glory and "go with passion".
This is not politics. This is just straight and true thinking and in that spirit here is one of my heroes.

thanks

Top Bottom