• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the new board member?

At one point we had said, as a way to check progress, watch for board members to see if anyone bales or we get new ones. We'll we got a new one.

As I recall he was announced a day or two before "disappointment Friday" (AKA Feb 6).
There was speculation at the time that his announcement might be the reason for delaying the engine unavailing.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is legal to add spirits to wine just like it is legal to add spirits to a cocktail. It is not legal to create those spirits through distillation at home.

I would disagree that it is common to fortify wines at home. Out of the thousands of winemaking customers I have, probably less than 1% of them have ever fortified any of their wines.

Vinegar is caused by a certain type of bacteria getting into the wine. Proper cleaning and sanitizing will prevent this.

Well, turns out you've found me out! I'm just looking for a way to hide my moonshine in wine with the excuse of fortifying it up to say 40 percent.
LOL My earlier posts have revealed I hide some as used in my tractor. LOL Commercial wine makers, however, will save a batch starting to go vinegary by fortifying sick wine with pure grain alcohol up to 20 percent thus inoculating it and selling it as Gypsy Roselee, Thunderbird, Rocket or Ripple. LOL
Spanish Sherry Wine is the only one I know that actually goes bad as you say and develops a crust known as fleur of Mycemia. It is simply the result of a common house fly depositing a wild vinegar bacteria. In other other words don't let flies near your working batch. One form of being obnoxious is to always tell people more than they really want to know. LOL How am I doing?

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is legal to add spirits to wine just like it is legal to add spirits to a cocktail. It is not legal to create those spirits through distillation at home.

I would disagree that it is common to fortify wines at home. Out of the thousands of winemaking customers I have, probably less than 1% of them have ever fortified any of their wines.

Vinegar is caused by a certain type of bacteria getting into the wine. Proper cleaning and sanitizing will prevent this.

Hi there. I am Maryland born and raised myself. Ravens / Skins / Eagles or Steelers ? Lol

Top Bottom