• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Other cars are really calling my name after this new delay
wheels-subiexv-blog480.jpg
Don't get the last one. I might be interested too.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Friday is NOT the big day. :(February 4, 2015

Dear John,

We wanted to give you advance notification, prior to the media being advised, that we are rescheduling the date for the official engine unveiling originally scheduled for Feb. 6 due to several key stakeholders having immovable scheduling conflicts. We are currently working with the key partners and the facility to quickly confirm a new date and will advise you accordingly.

Thank you for your support.

The Elio Team

And thank you, Elio team, for the heads up! ;)

Edit: I didn't see the others who posted the delay... my bad.:oops:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I very much like the fact that they notified us before the media. That was considerate. Last time, people were unhappy that EM notified the media before they notified us, the reservation holders. Perhaps EM were listening.

Wouldn't it be great if by "stakeholders" they meant they had new investors who wanted to be there. Existing "stakeholders" would have known about this for a long time and accommodated it in their schedule. But new investors?

I will not get my hopes up.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Friday is NOT the big day. :(February 4, 2015

Dear John,

We wanted to give you advance notification, prior to the media being advised, that we are rescheduling the date for the official engine unveiling originally scheduled for Feb. 6 due to several key stakeholders having immovable scheduling conflicts. We are currently working with the key partners and the facility to quickly confirm a new date and will advise you accordingly.

Thank you for your support.

The Elio Team
And thank you, Elio team, for the heads up! ;)

Well we were ready on the E team side.

Hmmm didn't notice at first that it was a "Dear John letter" o_O

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if they need an investor to buy gas for the engine?
If they invited enough politicians they would have plenty ( of gas )
Hey, I can smell it from here!
Frankly, they have plenty of gas on their own. Politicians would have at least shown up to the event.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I very much like the fact that they notified us before the media. That was considerate. Last time, people were unhappy that EM notified the media before they notified us, the reservation holders. Perhaps EM were listening.

Wouldn't it be great if by "stakeholders" they meant they had new investors who wanted to be there. Existing "stakeholders" would have known about this for a long time and accommodated it in their schedule. But new investors?

I will not get my hopes up.
Wouldn't it be great if by stakeholders they considered the 40,000 pre-order community members that have been waiting and looking forward to the engine start event. They didn't all need to be there. Could have started it another day for the no shows, and who would have noticed they were gone.

Top Bottom