1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Full Catalog 3 Wheelers Thread

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by AriLea, May 27, 2016.

1. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

OK so this will be about all three wheelers. Anyone can post an image, any you've found, but make sure it's not been posted before. So review before you post. Specifically it's not about the image, but representing a vehicle. So just a couple of the best for each one.

This subject is about the vehicle, (and vehicle concepts), so let stay on that. I'll try and be good too. If the talk deviates, post a link to a new thread for that. But we want to keep this tight, making this a picture catalog. Including ones we don't know the source or name of it.

Then let's keep the talk to just identifying what it is, it's basic features and attributes. Even so this will be a long running topic.

If you want detailed talk about the vehicle, what we think about the design etc, link that out to a thread named for the vehicle, once we've correctly identified it.

I'll post everything I got. Let's work with one vehicle at a time, except initially for my personal designs. It will be more efficient for me to just blast those out. Many don't have an identity or name. Let me finish that before posting other vehicles.

For the windtunnel test models below, the left one is my 'Taddy' being compared against the 'California Commuter Car' by Doug Malewecki (spelling ?) Tested around 1981 at the Washington State University wind tunnel. oops correction,

(cd = coefficient of drag, google it)

Actuals, cd=0.20(min possible) on the left, cd=0.24 on the right in the first image. The prior numbers (now only shown for the green examples), is the minimums possible, not the actual.
    The green image are the comparison of a single-passenger autocycle (built for high efficiency) to a standard 5 passenger sedan.
    arakWindTunnel.jpg SovComparePool.jpg

Per the request below, when I have the P5's cd, I'll add it. The P5 will likely compare to the sedan, as a guess, maybe as low as .22, or high as .28, but the total frontal area is much less.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  2. Kuda

Kuda Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    'OL 2951 Bazinga!
    The P5's cd?

TCBronson and AriLea like this.
  3. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

To get started, I figure Elio should be represented here, but just to avoid being boring, I'll mosty post some Elio variations.
    see thumbnail links..

Attached Files:

TCBronson and Marshall like this.
  4. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

So keep in mind, this thread will highlight 2F1R Tadpole trikes and autocycles with a body, to include Production and Prototypes. But also models , concepts and morphed images. Physical existing items having a more elevated interest than purely intellectual properties. The representation of the body art form is of interest here.
    Other types of 3 wheelers will hopefully get at least one representation, but maybe not more than that. Some of those will no doubt have a partial or no body skin, and so that art work is of less focus.

It's convenient to get my own work dealt with quickly, so I'll post that starting here. At the top is my all aluminum 'Taddy' project, as 2F1R-RWD tadpole. The final exo-skin was never completed. Then some models, and final some Atlantric items. Some are 'modified' images, for headlights and such.
    115.jpg wwuEV10.jpg ArakProject.jpg clarity.JPG DSCF0219.JPG See_Thru.png IMAG0286.jpg DSCF1021.JPG Ely_And_Atlantric.jpg Small_DSCF1019-Grill 12.JPG

Frim, TCBronson, Marshall and 2 others like this.
  5. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

So let's deal with the 'Detalidon' concept. (Means dart-footed-monster) . The idea was an electric vehicle platform for a single driver, that any number of body styles could be 'plopped' on top. I wanted flexibility in and open source design. It's very much like any number of other conceptual electric tadpole trikes, if they had front wheel drive.

In this post just the hardware involved.. next post, a smattering of compatible body styles. ZennDualEVDrive4mmSheet.jpg
    SnapOfSide.JPG DelChasisExplodeV101.jpg

BigManInChassis_Top.JPG BigManInChassis.JPG CutAway.JPG

TCBronson, Marshall and Coss like this.
  6. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

Detalidon compatible body styles. (post was limited to 10)
    3PaxTaxy.png AtlantricCruiser.jpg BlackBeauty2.jpg bot_lt.jpg LaQue.jpg MyCoroplastVersion.JPG OSCS_V2S_PassZc.png P51Style_FrontLeft.JPG PutNey.png SnapMeanLines.JPG

Scotty, TCBronson, Coss and 3 others like this.
  7. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

OK, lets start the detail look with the classics. 1957 Jurisch Motoplan by Carl Jurisch
    0motoplan-001.jpg 0motoplan-002.jpg

Frim, DAVID BROWER, bamelio#5 and 5 others like this.
  8. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

1956 prototype by Paul Vallee
    PaulVallee.png PaulVallee2.png 1956%20Valle%20Chantecler.jpg

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Scotty, TCBronson, Marshall and 2 others like this.
  9. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

1942 Mathis VL333 prototype
    MathisPrototype518.jpg Mathis9-11.jpg Mathis021.jpg

Scotty, bamelio#5, TCBronson and 3 others like this.
  10. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

An early model Morgan, and later models, toys, clones etc, Even an EV competition version
    morgan-8-hp-01.jpg
    004.jpg 022.jpg 031.jpg 034.jpg 1254_l.jpg ku-xlarge.jpg Morgan_ebay_3674_1.jpg c25.jpg Morgan_EV3.jpg

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Scotty, Jim H, TCBronson and 3 others like this.