• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Full Catalog 3 Wheelers Thread

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK so this will be about all three wheelers. Anyone can post an image, any you've found, but make sure it's not been posted before. So review before your post. Specifically it's not about the image, but representing a vehicle. So just a couple of the best for each one.

This subject is about the vehicle, (and vehicle concepts), so let stay on that. I'll try and be good too. If the talk deviates, post a link to a new thread for that. But we want to keep this tight, making this a picture catalog. Including ones we don't know the source or name of it.

Then let's keep the talk to just identifying what it is, it's basic features and attributes. Even so this will be a long running topic.

If you want detailed talk about the vehicle, what we think about the design etc, link that out to a thread named for the vehicle, once we've correctly identified it.

I'll post everything I got. Let's work with one vehicle at a time, except initially for my personal designs. It will be more efficient for me to just blast those out. Many don't have an identity or name. Let me finish that before posting other vehicles.

For the windtunnel test models below, the left one is my 'Taddy' being compared against the 'California Commuter Car' by Doug Malewecki (spelling ?) Tested around 1981 at the Washington State University wind tunnel. oops correction,

(cd = coefficient of drag, google it)

Actuals, cd=0.20(min possible) on the left, cd=0.24 on the right in the first image. The prior numbers (now only shown for the green examples), is the minimums possible, not the actual.
The green image are the comparison of a single-passenger autocycle (built for high efficiency) to a standard 5 passenger sedan.
arakWindTunnel.jpg
SovComparePool.jpg

Per the request below, when I have the P5's cd, I'll add it. The P5 will likely compare to the sedan, as a guess, maybe as low as .22, or high as .28, but the total frontal area is much less than a standard sedan.

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK so this will be about all three wheelers. Anyone can post an image, any you've found, but make sure it's not been posted before. So review before you post. Specifically it's not about the image, but representing a vehicle. So just a couple of the best for each one.

This subject is about the vehicle, (and vehicle concepts), so let stay on that. I'll try and be good too. If the talk deviates, post a link to a new thread for that. But we want to keep this tight, making this a picture catalog. Including ones we don't know the source or name of it.

Then let's keep the talk to just identifying what it is, it's basic features and attributes. Even so this will be a long running topic.

If you want detailed talk about the vehicle, what we think about the design etc, link that out to a thread named for the vehicle, once we've correctly identified it.

I'll post everything I got. Let's work with one vehicle at a time, except initially for my personal designs. It will be more efficient for me to just blast those out. Many don't have an identity or name. Let me finish that before posting other vehicles.

For the windtunnel test models below, the left one is my 'Taddy' being compared against the 'California Commuter Car' by Doug Malewecki (spelling ?) Tested around 1981 at the Washington State University wind tunnel. cd=0.2 on the left, cd=0.24 on the right.
View attachment 9484

The P5's cd?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To get started, I figure Elio should be represented here, but just to avoid being boring, I'll mosty post some Elio variations.
see thumbnail links..

Attachments

• BlackAndWhite.jpg
    BlackAndWhite.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 600
  • Catalog.png
    Catalog.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 618
  • ELIO-P5-RENDER-04.jpg
    ELIO-P5-RENDER-04.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_2688-sm.jpg
    IMG_2688-sm.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 560
  • P5-LINE-DRAWING-e1434751350504.jpg
    P5-LINE-DRAWING-e1434751350504.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 553
  • SuperSectedxBack.png
    SuperSectedxBack.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 613
  • SuperIntoThat.png
    SuperIntoThat.png
    212.9 KB · Views: 558
  • Year1SuperTop.png
    Year1SuperTop.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 581

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So keep in mind, this thread will highlight 2F1R Tadpole trikes and autocycles with a body, to include Production and Prototypes. But also models , concepts and morphed images. Physical existing items having a more elevated interest than purely intellectual properties. The representation of the body art form is of interest here.
Other types of 3 wheelers will hopefully get at least one representation, but maybe not more than that. Some of those will no doubt have a partial or no body skin, and so that art work is of less focus.

It's convenient to get my own work dealt with quickly, so I'll post that starting here. At the top is my all aluminum 'Taddy' project, as 2F1R-RWD tadpole. The final exo-skin was never completed. Then some models, and finally some Atlantric items. Some are 'modified' images, for headlights and such.
115.jpg
wwuEV10.jpg
ArakProject.jpg
clarity.JPG
DSCF0219.JPG
See_Thru.png
IMAG0286.jpg
DSCF1021.JPG
Ely_And_Atlantric.jpg
Small_DSCF1019-Grill 12.JPG

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So let's deal with the 'Detalidon' concept. (Means dart-footed-monster) . The idea was an electric vehicle platform for a single driver, that any number of body styles could be 'plopped' on top. I wanted flexibility in an open source design. It's very much like any number of other conceptual electric tadpole trikes, where they applied front wheel drive.

In this post just the hardware involved.. next post, a smattering of compatible body styles.
ZennDualEVDrive4mmSheet.jpg

SnapOfSide.JPG
DelChasisExplodeV101.jpg

BigManInChassis_Top.JPG
BigManInChassis.JPG
CutAway.JPG

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Detalidon compatible body styles. (post was limited to 10)
3PaxTaxy.png
AtlantricCruiser.jpg
BlackBeauty2.jpg
bot_lt.jpg
LaQue.jpg
MyCoroplastVersion.JPG
OSCS_V2S_PassZc.png
P51Style_FrontLeft.JPG
PutNey.png
SnapMeanLines.JPG

This last one is surprisingly popular with people in my other venues of display. Is it the drawing style, or the fact that it looks rough and tumble?
It was inspired by WWII aircraft, so is it because of a nostalgia reaction, or just due to the mamillian face? (OR more of a spider?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom