• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Full Catalog 3 Wheelers Thread

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to try my hand at a true 1.5 seater. Sort of a competitor to the Acimoto. In this case, 3 hub motors for AWD.
( click the image for the video )
View attachment 26577

View attachment 26578
I think that is way cool looking. Does it have a back door? it could make getting into and out of the back easier. I think it is way better than the Elio.

I think this should be a thread of its own.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that is way cool looking. Does it have a back door? it could make getting into and out of the back easier. I think it is way better than the Elio.

I think this should be a thread of its own.
I think the modular method could support having variations. Certainly an open hatch could be done.
The modular consideration forces forms to have generalized shaping in the joining areas between sections. But in each section it can be very customized.
So the join along the back would be simple and plain and straight line. Then a rear modual would include any cill frame needed. And these modules could be aftermarket replaceable. So there are a lot of straight lines in this design, or at least single curved forms. And yet have some level of interesting style.

So options for the rear could be a solid body, or a lifting hood, or a body with a door in it, or even a full clear plastic hood.

What I wanted in this was an overall design that would work well in a shared market. Like the VW dune buggies or the Lotus 7 venues. The key here is to have a basic platform that accomidates expandible modules. The interface between is the key.

I mean, it seems it is hard to have just one business suddenly have it all done to order. Every person has specific needs. And some number of people are willing to do thier own custom mods. I think it's a good idea to help them all out.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here, I'll show my cards, (with the 6 inches added :angel:)
The design intent? Modular concept and applications...
View attachment 26584
I think maybe I've decided on a door system, and it's different than anything you have seen before. I'm not sure it's a good idea yet, I have to see where it leads to. But it's technically possible and solves my driver's feet problem. (blocked by the fenders)
Anyone have ideas of thier own? I will post this last concept likely by next Sunday.

Top Bottom