• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Full Catalog 3 Wheelers Thread

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EMV added the center light on the Red Solo to insure it met USA Certification requirements.
IMG_5409.JPG

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been watching every video that I can find on the Sonders. He has done more to produce his Autocycle in 2 yrs than Elio has in 9. It is sad but true. I am really impressed with what I have seen and read about the Sondors and can't wait to drive one. I might add that I still want my Elio, but just in case it doesn't happen!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm also impressed with the design, engineering, and prototype build progress of Sondor's in less than a year with $1Million dollars. Eager to see it's performance and handling ratings on the test track and experience a test drive. However, my primary interest in an enclosed three wheeler 'motorcycle' is the fun factor. The 3 seater SONDORS wide stance will likely feel more like driving a typical car. The fun factor may be missing, but the anticipated EVs $10K price point is attractive to the everyday commuter. I prefer the narrow cabin of the Elio, SOLO, and SRK so I can do this! :)

IMG_6058.JPG

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm compelled to add this comment as a member of the 'Old Guys Rule' demographic. The SRK looks to be the most comfortable to ride/drive. The SRK has a typical SUV seat height (butt height) for easy ingress/egress and once in the SRK's leather ergo seat........... a more comfortable upright sitting position as noted in this photo:
IMG_8508.JPG IMG_8546.jpg
With that said, I do have a couple of other Old Geezer needs.............the hardshell enclosure and climate control options.
IMG_8363.PNG
Having back issues and old arthritic joints, the SOLO and SONDORs are very low to the ground and the seat cushion mounts close to the floorboard requiring to sit with legs more outstretched. Likely a very uncomfortable sitting position for this old geezer. SOLO test drivers have described the sitting position and feel to that of driving a 'Go Cart' and/or a Corvette. I have a friend with a Vette. I love the car, but hate the ride.

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm also impressed with the design, engineering, and prototype build progress of Sondor's in less than a year with $1Million dollars. Eager to see it's performance and handling ratings on the test track and experience a test drive. However, my primary interest in an enclosed three wheeler 'motorcycle' is the fun factor. The 3 seater SONDORS wide stance will likely feel more like driving a typical car. The fun factor may be missing, but the anticipated EVs $10K price point is attractive to the everyday commuter. I prefer the narrow cabin of the Elio, SOLO, and SRK so I can do this! :)

View attachment 22039
Sorry Rick, I must disagree with the fun factor, 0 to 60 in 5 seconds and that sporty look has got to be fun, and you wouldn't have to strap your wife on the roof!:p

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm compelled to add this comment as a member of the 'Old Guys Rule' demographic. The SRK looks to be the most comfortable to ride/drive. The SRK has a typical SUV seat height (butt height) for easy ingress/egress and once in the SRK's leather ergo seat........... a more comfortable upright sitting position as noted in this photo:

View attachment 22040

With that said, I do have a couple of other Old Geezer needs.............the hardshell enclosure and climate control options.
View attachment 22041
Having back issues and old arthritic joints, the SOLO and SONDORs are very low to the ground and the seat cushion mounts close to the floorboard requiring to sit with legs more outstretched. Likely a very uncomfortable sitting position for this old geezer. SOLO test drivers have described the sitting position and feel to that of driving a 'Go Cart' and/or a Corvette. I have a friend with a Vette. I love the car, but hate the ride.
I must admit when buying a toy you must consider all pain and suffering it might cause. If you had a list of all the aches and pains that old people have, I could put a check mark by most of them. When buying I might not buy the one that I love, it might be the one that loves my body! :p

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must admit when buying a toy you must consider all pain and suffering it might cause. If you had a list of all the aches and pains that old people have, I could put a check mark by most of them. When buying I might not buy the one that I love, it might be the one that loves my body! :p

How true is that! It may be possible to have a vehicle you like to look at, has the comfort level you need, and the fun you want in one single package.

The quick 0-60 mph is important to me, but that is only 5 seconds of fun on a much longer drive. The vehicle has to be fun to drive overall or I may as well buy a Tesla. Most of my daily driving is solo and my wife would prefer driving/riding along in the SUV. Sometimes I feel like strapping her to the roof of the SUV! Oh, I kid my wife of 49 years!

Wait a minute........a toy should cause no pain and suffering. :)

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:frusty:
How true is that! It may be possible to have a vehicle you like to look at, has the comfort level you need, and the fun you want in one single package.

The quick 0-60 mph is important to me, but that is only 5 seconds of fun on a much longer drive. The vehicle has to be fun to drive overall or I may as well buy a Tesla. Most of my daily driving is solo and my wife would prefer driving/riding along in the SUV. Sometimes I feel like strapping her to the roof of the SUV! Oh, I kid my wife of 49 years!

Wait a minute........a toy should cause no pain and suffering. :)
I play golf twice a week in over 100 degree weather. I can hardly walk when I get home and my wife says, why do you punish yourself like that! And I say(cause it is fun) :frusty::frusty:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:frusty:
I play golf twice a week in over 100 degree weather. I can hardly walk when I get home and my wife says, why do you punish yourself like that! And I say(cause it is fun) :frusty::frusty:
2yrs vs 9yrs and counting. To my understanding Sondors did a lot of the work in his garage. This is one of the things that doesn't add up to me.
That is why I want to go to Ca. and see for myself, and test drive it! If I go, I will give a report.

Top Bottom