• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funding Refused By Paul Elio

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
well, it's XI:XXXII, early in -cataract surgery tomorrow. I've been thru a heap of dodo including the big C with parts of me no longer, road rash, burns and broken bones, this really scares me, besides, they said I'd bee awake!! If my typing suffers tomorrow, it'll be looking thru one eye- I picture pirate patch! I'll play it for all it's worth, and get a good seat on the bus home!!

Good luck, although you won't need it. I did it several years ago. No pain whatsoever. I wore glasses for almost 70 years.
Haven't worn them since the surgery.
It IS fantastic.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.png
well, it's XI:XXXII, early in -cataract surgery tomorrow. I've been thru a heap of dodo including the big C with parts of me no longer, road rash, burns and broken bones, this really scares me, besides, they said I'd bee awake!! If my typing suffers tomorrow, it'll be looking thru one eye- I picture pirate patch! I'll play it for all it's worth, and get a good seat on the bus home!!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really? Then why does it hurt so much when stuff gets on them?????

Yeah. That's the first thing I've ever heard from John that I can verify is BS (no offense John;)). Get a metal drill shaving in your eye. Hurts for days after they get it out (been there, done that...multiple times). I drill holes in titanium over my head for a living. It's going to happen. And when it does, you're done doing anything until you get it out.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Good luck. Let us know when you when you can see in stereo again. And take advantage of that pirate look.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had right eye Macular hole repair 8 weeks ago. Right eye cataract surgery 2 weeks ago and scheduled for left eye cataract surgery Monday. Cataract surgery is really nothing. About as serious as having a splinter removed. Figured I needed to go ahead and get done so I can hopefully see the digits in that stupid Elgin speedo & tach.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
John is actually correct. The keyword is "in" the eye. The outside definately has plenty of nerve endings. Macular surgery was scary for me. I don't even like to use eyedrops so the prospect of having a Dr. working with tiny little tools inside my eye was kinda freaky. As it turned out the worst part was having to remain face down for 36 hours. After that cataract surgery was a piece of cake.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, thanks for your support and encouragements, had my first done this a.m.
Got the parch, as advertised, and when I peek putting in the drops- I can really see the difference already!!

when i cover each eye, the contrast is amazing.
I've never had ANY intervention that created such dynamic change in a flash of an eye (SFETE)
The IV line was the worst of it,
sleeping (I sleep on my stomach, will be a challenge
thanks for your support
IX:LV anxiety drained me!

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing like wealthy investors with their own egos to ruin a singular vision. More than one great company has been ruined by the demands of investors (*cough* GM *cough*).

If what you say is true (possible, but I personally doubt it even given the thrice-removed hearsay evidence), then good for Paul. I want him to have total control to keep the vision pure. I don't want it watered down with two doors, hybrid drive train, diesel, electric option, dealers, or any other nonsense. I want all-gas, direct sales, one door, manual, in Red Hot please.

Apple

Top Bottom