• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funding Refused By Paul Elio

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What you see as a simple interpretation of the phrase "financially viable" is NOT how the DOE interprets that same phrase. The reason why I can say that with certainty is that the DOE was kind enough to attempt to head off this very conversation by making their interpretation very clear in the ATVM Loan Guidance document.

According to the DOE guidelines for the ATVM loan, "Financially viable" essentially means that the company must be solvent and present a business plan which is deemed by the DOE to have a 'reasonable prospect' of paying back the loan.

The second part of the funding statement also confuses people as "additional federal funding" means exactly what it says in that the financial plan cannot include any additional federal funding besides the ATVM loan.

Welcome to dealing with the federal government. :D

Goofyone,

We had endless arguments over the prospects of ATVM funding right around this time a year ago. I don't care what DOE says at this point. Elio's package has been essentially in review now for closing on a year. I've given up parsing DOE's rules (I've read them all, including the relevant Federal statutes) and will now only take note of what DOE does which is currently zip. Had DOE been motivated to fund this they would have and absent major changes in evidence of fiduciary stability on Elio's part I see zero chance they will ever fund. My take is also that the $25M will not constitute enough evidence to warrant Elio's claims of such.

I blithely wagered here in I think Q3 of 2014 that this would fund but not before Q1 for sure and most likely not until Q2 of 2015. It is Q4 of 2015. My bet now is that ATVM will fund once Elio motors has produced vehicles for market, however that comes about.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't help but continue to be intrigued by the assessments from armchair quarterbacks, self proclaimed authorities on all of the things that Paul and EM are doing wrong .... they do so only having superficial info to go on .... no access to internal records, legal opinion, on going negotiations and such .... as G1 just pointed out, such superficial knowledge can and does lead to erroneous assumptions .... I'll be the first to admit that over time I've seen EM do things that made no sense to me whatsoever but since I don't have access to the info on which the decisions were made, I don't feel qualified to publish judgements/criticisms and present them as facts .... EM will make it or it won't, once the dust settles history will decide .... now for those who are convinced they do in fact know it all, I wonder if they shouldn't start their own company and bring it into production in a manner that will provide a blueprint for others to follow

I am just as intrigued by the true believers as I am by the skeptics. But heretofore the skeptics are winning out. And whether sinner or saint we are ALL armchair quarterbacks. Those who are ardent fans are acting on the same information, e.g. none, as those who are not, making all of us self-proclaimed authorities.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments and observations. I am curious about the information that you received as an accredited investor. Was it significantly more informative or complete that the Reg A+ information filed with the SEC? I'm not asking for any details or specifics, just whether you received more extensive information than than the Reg A+ offering provided. I am not requesting that you violate any confidentiality or non-disclosure agreements.

I can neither confirm nor deny. I can only tell you that I have invested during the current round. It cannot imagine that it would be a violation of confidentiality to say that what was provided to me was fascinating reading. Elio Motors was quite forthcoming and acted in an highly transparent manner and was professional and open during the entire process. I got to speak with Paul on a conference call, asked a couple of questions, and came away impressed. My electing to not invest should not in any way be construed as a condemnation of the facts as they were presented to me in either formal or informal formats but rather to my own internal decision-making processes.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am just as intrigued by the true believers as I am by the skeptics. But heretofore the skeptics are winning out. And whether sinner or saint we are ALL armchair quarterbacks. Those who are ardent fans are acting on the same information, e.g. none, as those who are not, making all of us self-proclaimed authorities.

nice attempt at spinning info .... there is a huge difference in the armchair quarterback who professes to know all of the answers and the one who watches the game with the attitude of an interested bystander who is there to watch the show ....

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
nice attempt at spinning info .... there is a huge difference in the armchair quarterback who professes to know all of the answers and the one who watches the game with the attitude of an interested bystander who is there to watch the show ....

LOL. I spin nothing. You can read my posts from a year ago and you'll see that my views are consistent, based on what facts I see (and research), and subject to alteration based on new facts. Why is wish-think more valuable to you than skepticism? Does it matter to you that those who doubt are 'armchairm quarterbacks' while those who, with no more information, are the real quarterbacks? I'm not trying to start (or end) a flamewar - merely curious. Merely hoping that this train reaches the station does not change the reality. We have no Elio. We are no closer to production, which everyone from Paul himself on down now states hangs on funding - serious funding, than we were a year ago. Based on that data alone and how the market tends to value momentum even the most ardent adherent would begin to have some doubts. And let's be real. I plunked down $5k of my money, so clearly that is quite armchair doubt. Let's call it cautious - very cautious - optimism, shall we?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
........ I can only tell you that I have invested during the current round ....... My electing to not invest should not in any way be construed as a condemnation of the facts as they were presented to me in either formal or informal formats but rather to my own internal decision-making processes.

What exactly are you trying to us...you did invest, or you did not invest?

Top Bottom