• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funny Or Dumb Things You've Actually Heard Or Seen Done Relating To Cars.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
gotta love Texas .. :D
160312 001 Conroe HWY75 002.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you are being generous calling that draining. I don't think we can in good conscious sell an Elio to the owner of that rig.
But I doubt if you would have blue smoke out the tailpipe, it would be too thick to get past the rings, and oil passages, and valve seals and pretty much anything it came in contact with, like the oil pump. But it would coat pretty well.

I know, I know that's the spray seal and seal coat they sell on infomercials!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 21005
how long do you have to put up with that "noise" before this happens.
I never knew that they could wear down that far. :eek:

Noise, what noise? If it makes noise, take the tire off, and look for the metal tab on the brake shoe, bend it out of the way, noise fixed.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Daughter had ["had" thankfully being the operative word!] a BF that used to work on her Jeep for her. Made me cringe every time my wife called me at work to let me know he was at our house to borrow tools to do "fill in the blank" to Janell's Jeep. Simple oil change on this day, what could go wrong? An hour later he comes walking into the house proclaiming that the tranny in the Jeep is shot! Well My wife's no slouch when it comes to mechanical things and said to him, "What'd you do?! Drain the tranny and put 6 more quarts in the engine?" He rolled his eyes at her and said, "Do I look like a dumba$$?" My wife, who never liked the guy any way said, "Yep!" she went out to the drive way, slid under the Jeep and pointed out where the oil pan drain plug was for him and that he had indeed drained the tranny and stuck 6 more quarts of oil in the engine. Wife couldn't wait to call me at work and tell me about it.
My dad took way to much pride in the fact that he could make my brothers and I do things he should do himself. My brothers figured it out pretty early and so , they would purposely made his coffee too sweet or screw up his hamburger. At age 12 he asked me to change his oil. I, to this day, did not do it on purpose but the 58 Chevy never ran right after I did the same thing.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I posted this about 13 months ago but it fits this thread so much better:
That reminds me of my college days, my roommate had an Austin Healey 3000 that wouldn't start w/o a push. He was always parking it at the top of hills and such. We pushed started that car for a whole year. I worked my summers at a service station, learned a little about turning a wrench, when school resumed that fall I decided to look at the battery (no water) and wallah it started no problem, John L if you're out there give me a pm sorry we lost contact.

Top Bottom