• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Gallons Of Fuel Saved Annually?

How many gallons of fuel are you targeting to save annually by driving an Elio?

• Total voters

DJL

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Had to whip out the calculator function on the 'puter:

84 mile round trip x 6 days a week (average 600 hrs of overtime per year) @ 18 mpg [diesel] = 1456 gallons per year.
With an Elio, assuming 84mpg, I'd be using 312 gallons per year over the same distance with a fuel usage drop of 1144 gallons per year.
I'm literally all highway from within 1/2 mile of my house, to where I-170 dumps into Boeings east parking lot.
Impressive savings!

DJL

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Figuring an average 80/20 split highway to street, my car now gets 25.5 MPG. The Elio would pull 77 MPG. working construction I never know where I will be, but again average 12000 miles a year. This would make a difference of 313 gallons of gas. Not a big number but it will have me filling up once every three weeks instead of every week. And the E won't be a 13 year old, boring designed, non sporty, economy car. Some things are better than money.
Agreed. There will be many good reasons to drive an Elio!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I currently get 16MPG and drive 20,000 miles a day. That is 1250 gallons per year vs. Elio using 238 callons per year saving 1,012 gallons per year.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with the Wizard on this . The Elio will be strictly for fun and a viable spare car for the wife to get to and from X.
My Company car will bear the brunt of most miles .

Top Bottom