• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Geo Metro/ Canadian Swift Engine

Who else would like to see the Geo Metro 3 cylinder rather than some exotic junky Eurupean motor

• I would choose the Geo Metro engine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And how much do all the nay sayers bet that EM will totally abandon their promised price point of $ 6800 . And I'll even give them another $1500 US. I'm telling you now, A newly designed engine = business as usual for a car company. And insurance you won't have something that won't be very difficult to trouble shoot. Mark my words . I will eat dirt if I'm wrong and hope to God I am. Now argue that ! lol PS The only reason Suzuki didn't do well here in the US is because almost everyone here has the "I am King and deserve the best" affliction. Most of us want to drive Huge Dodge Rams and Im so cool Charger Hellcats, That's why . A bunch of self absorbed idiots I say. That is why a car company that makes common sense has a hard time doing business in the US. Cars have become Jewelry not something that has to make some good sense.

terminology makes a considerable difference so just to be clear, $6,800 is EM's target price, not a promised price .... the last time I heard, they were down to $7,300/$7,500 and still working on it .... they have added cruise control as a standard feature so that has to add something .... its pretty universal that car companies have produced vehicles that sell well and some that don't .... as to a newly designed engine = business as usual for a car company, EM is the the first start-up vehicle company to build an engine from the ground up in more than 60 years .... I have no clue how complex it will be to work on the IAV motor, time will tell

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I would also suggest that you go and do some reading about the Elio before posting a poll as you have.
It appears that you don't know anything about the true current status of the Elio and their own designed engine that Linamar just signed into an agreement with Elio Motors to build the engines for them; in this agreement Linamar is going to introduce the engine world wide for use in other applications also.
So your poll:
E Poll.gif

Has no basis here; there are no correct choices.

4950cycle

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I do wish they (EM) would offer a kit option . for the purpose of powering the Elio with a swift motor. then almost everyone would be happy. If its good enough for an airplane it's good enough for me. But I must have my AC here in FL. . And that might be an issue with this idea. I am certainly learning a lot here already.

4950cycle

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Ok, So I came here with outdated info. All I remember was I heard Bugatti and some other European companies were going to have something to do with the engine in the Elio. That scared the pants off of me is all I could say. I am not a fan of Italian cars. Love their guns, women and food though.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I do wish they (EM) would offer a kit option . for the purpose of powering the Elio with a swift motor. then almost everyone would be happy. If its good enough for an airplane it's good enough for me. But I must have my AC here in FL. . And that might be an issue with this idea. I am certainly learning a lot here already.
A/C is standard equipment in the Elio, along with Cruise Control, power windows, power door lock, AM/FM and a few other items.
There is also the new Configurator on the Elio Motors site (myelio.me) where you can see some of the options they plan on offering.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, So I came here with outdated info. All I remember was I heard Bugatti and some other European companies were going to have something to do with the engine in the Elio. That scared the pants off of me is all I could say. I am not a fan of Italian cars. Love their guns, women and food though.
Those companies have nothing to do with the Elio Engine.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

IAV, the company that designed the Elio engine, has also designed engines for Bugatti, BMW, Volkswagon, Toyota, Ford, GM.... the list goes on. They are a well-established and respected automotive engineering company, and I'm sure the Elio engine design is sound.

Top Bottom