• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Germans Ban Ice By 2030

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They are not proposing the ban of all ICE by 2030. They are proposing to ban the sale of *new* ICE engines beginning in 2030.

"Members of the German government have just passed a resolution to ban the sale of internal combustion engines in the European Union by 2030. ... vehicles sold before the ban would still be allowed, but after 2030, automakers would be banned from selling new fossil fuel-powered vehicles in the EU. "​
I saw that, did you read the second article about it that I posted?
It's what the man that had the final approval said

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't initially notice that you linked a different article. I'm chalking the apparent difference in statements up to a translation/context issue. The first paragraph of that article you linked also makes it clear that the legislation was intended to "... completely ban all internal combustion engines in new vehicles produced after 2030."

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't initially notice that you linked a different article. I'm chalking the apparent difference in statements up to a translation/context issue. The first paragraph of that article you linked also makes it clear that the legislation was intended to "... completely ban all internal combustion engines in new vehicles produced after 2030."
Maybe that why the UK wanted out of the EU?

Top Bottom