• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Getting My First Glimpse Tomorrow

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife and I were there right at 10am this morning, and I have to say it was everything I was expecting - so much so that we've upgraded our $100 All-In to $1K. The wait for "the number" begins <lol>

There were a dozen, or so, people gathered around the P4 when we arrived, an hour later there must have been close to 40-50 with a dozen in line just to sit in it. It was really attracting attention.

Met some nice folks, several with the All-In t-shirts, and Pam, Jerome, Kevin, and others. Seeing the prototype in person somehow made it just that much more "real".

Dan

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll be driving to Broomfield, CO, tomorrow (almost a gallon in an Elio) to check it out.
Oh my! LOL You are very good. You already have the Elio language down pat. You will find we talk about trips in Elio miles, Elio gas expenses, Elio time, how many Elios you buy for the price of . . . . . It is great fun. I am so glad you are going to be able to see the Elio tomorrow. It will be worth the trip. Be sure you get some pictures to share and let us know what you think. Safe and joyful journey to you. :-) Z

Ooops, I forgot to say Hi and welcome from Oregon, Skrizman. Shame on me!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife and I were there right at 10am this morning, and I have to say it was everything I was expecting - so much so that we've upgraded our $100 All-In to $1K. The wait for "the number" begins <lol>

There were a dozen, or so, people gathered around the P4 when we arrived, an hour later there must have been close to 40-50 with a dozen in line just to sit in it. It was really attracting attention.

Met some nice folks, several with the All-In t-shirts, and Pam, Jerome, Kevin, and others. Seeing the prototype in person somehow made it just that much more "real".

Dan
Congratulations on the upgrade. I know I can't wait to get my number. I have been waiting well over a month and being very good and patient about it, if I do say so myself. Did you get any pictures? Aren't the EM team great people? I spent the greater part of 4 hours in Portland while my friend wandered around the mall. I am not a mall shopper and she is so it was the perfect location for both of us. LOL :-) Z

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... I have been waiting well over a month and being very good and patient about it, if I do say so myself. Did you get any pictures? Aren't the EM team great people? ... LOL :) Z

Remember that poster from years (and years!) ago of 2 vultures in a tree in the desert, with 1 of the vultures saying "Patience, my butt - I wanna kill something!"? That'd be me <lol>

As for pictures, just a couple with my wife sitting in the front seat, then me - standard stuff that's been posted a gazillion times already - I'll spare the audience <grin>

And yes, the team were all fantastic, even scored me some swag. Woohoo!

When I was talking with one of the staff about the P5s, I asked if those would be built entirely with production parts (no substitutes), and I was told "yes" - can't say that I've seen that certainty posted before, pardon me if that's already well known/understood. The Elgin dash was confirmed very firmly today, too.

Dan

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember that poster from years (and years!) ago of 2 vultures in a tree in the desert, with 1 of the vultures saying "Patience, my butt - I wanna kill something!"? That'd be me <lol>

As for pictures, just a couple with my wife sitting in the front seat, then me - standard stuff that's been posted a gazillion times already - I'll spare the audience <grin>

And yes, the team were all fantastic, even scored me some swag. Woohoo!

When I was talking with one of the staff about the P5s, I asked if those would be built entirely with production parts (no substitutes), and I was told "yes" - can't say that I've seen that certainty posted before, pardon me if that's already well known/understood. The Elgin dash was confirmed very firmly today, too.

Dan
In fact I do remember the picture. LOL

You know, I am OK with the Elgin dash at least until I have seen it and tried it. Are you going to get a second Elio for your wife? LOL :-) Z

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In fact I do remember the picture. LOL

You know, I am OK with the Elgin dash at least until I have seen it and tried it. Are you going to get a second Elio for your wife? LOL :) Z
After observing several women get in the Elio, my wife concluded the autocycle was designed by men and targeted to men - "every woman who gets in is immediately looking for somewhere to stash her purse - and there isn't anywhere! Can't put it in the back seat if you have a passenger, can't put it in the trunk if you bought groceries"

Funny, I didn't have that problem...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After observing several women get in the Elio, my wife concluded the autocycle was designed by men and targeted to men - "every woman who gets in is immediately looking for somewhere to stash her purse - and there isn't anywhere! Can't put it in the back seat if you have a passenger, can't put it in the trunk if you bought groceries"

Funny, I didn't have that problem...
Be glad you don't have my problems. I not only have a purse, I have a cane and I always carry a book every where I go. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom