• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Good Morning And Hello, All!

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't you buy 3.2% beer in 69? I did and I was only 16 years old. Ahhh, the good old days.
Yes I could get 3.2 back then in Ohio..I remember my wife being 21 , me 20, the bank would not giver her a car loan, the reason., they said she may get pregnant.. Many years later women were finally able to buy a house on their own..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The world….its a changing. And mostly for the better. Like the Elio !!!!

1969 in the service makes you a Vietnam vet. Thank you for service to the country.
Elio is a good idea..But as I noted earlier, why a two seater..I'll say this again, the rear passenger can only get out by moving the front seat forward.. a front end collision would make that impossible, an ass end wreck would most likely prevent an escape through the hatch behind, a side impact would probably do the same, there is only 1 door, the back windows do not roll down and between the seats just under the very narrow floor is 8 gallons of fuel..So now there is talk of raising the roof..Damn Elio make it a one person vehicle with decent storage..Stop trying to re-invent the 3 wheels.. I've read post in here where folks want to have a 3 seater, I will help them, I'll have 2 back seats , arrange shipping or pick them up, NO CHARGE

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3 Card,

Mine will be a one seater with the back seat down all the time. With the backseat down I have adequate storage for my needs. Have no problem with the option of using it as a two seater. It will be a great place for my dog.
Ditto..I plan on removing it.. Don't have a dog but recall back when I did have pets they loved to poke their nose out the window, not in an Elio..

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
TN is a helmet state but Elio claims only 5 states out of the 26 that require a helmet for motorcycle will want you to wear one driving an Elio..Somewhere on their site is a map showing the 5..
Cool. I am wondering if TN will require a Motorcycle endorsement. My wife does not have one, but she can get through it.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cool. I am wondering if TN will require a Motorcycle endorsement. My wife does not have one, but she can get through it.
I don't know the answer to that.. I do know that most states will give you a restricted 3 wheel motorcycle endorsement if you take the test with a 3 wheeler.. That should not be a problem for her..May be a problem for TN though.. Wonder how they would want you to drive it through the test course which is not wide or long enough between the obstacles to fit an Elio.. That's a question being asked here in Missouri which is one of the 5 who require endorsement and helmet to drive our Elio..

Top Bottom