• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Got My Shirt

Eliometer

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my T-shirt and bumper sticker in the mail yesterday. For those who are curious, I made my 1K reservation on June 11th, and received the white and green "future eliowner" shirt, not the black "genuine elio."
Still dying for my number in line...the eliometer reads I WANT IT NOW. :)

CJ

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my T-shirt and bumper sticker in the mail yesterday. For those who are curious, I made my 1K reservation on June 11th, and received the white and green "future eliowner" shirt, not the black "genuine elio."
Still dying for my number in line...the eliometer reads I WANT IT NOW. :)

I don't understand why you would not get a number immediately upon going all in. They bounce you a receipt back right away and have the logic to send an email to people who exit out after entering their data... Advancing a counter number at this time is trivial. That makes one think this is by design and there are intentional gap numbers that you can get by knowing the right person. I don't BTW think that is happening. The real reason is it is likely by design to create artificial hype and a sense of urgency. If they really can get the line up at 250-500 per shift they should be able to sell 130-260K of these in year one which will not happen. They are trying to demonstrate a demand by harvesting as many all in 1K deposits to impress funding sources and pay for prototypes as evidenced by trotting one single prototype to the shows everywhere. They could easily collect 75-85K in all in 1K deposits but will have to cut it off before that. The attorney general would get involved eventually. Lack of cash is the issue. Stuff like this and general evasiveness is what keeps me a 4 or 5. Anyway you look at it it is entertaining to hope for this car to come to pass. I am happy to be all in but realistic...Have a good day folks.

CJ

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I don't understand why you would not get a number immediately upon going all in. They bounce you a receipt back right away and have the logic to send an email to people who exit out after entering their data... Advancing a counter number at this time is trivial. That makes one think this is by design and there are intentional gap numbers that you can get by knowing the right person. I don't BTW think that is happening. The real reason is it is likely by design to create artificial hype and a sense of urgency. If they really can get the line up at 250-500 per shift they should be able to sell 130-260K of these in year one which will not happen. They are trying to demonstrate a demand by harvesting as many all in 1K deposits to impress funding sources and pay for prototypes as evidenced by trotting one single prototype to the shows everywhere. They could easily collect 75-85K in all in 1K deposits but will have to cut it off before that. The attorney general would get involved eventually. Lack of cash is the issue. Stuff like this and general evasiveness is what keeps me a 4 or 5. Anyway you look at it it is entertaining to hope for this car to come to pass. I am happy to be all in but realistic...Have a good day folks.

Actually, the more I think about it, I do not think cash is the issue. They have plenty of cash to do the things they are doing. I think they are walking a tightrope of balancing obtaining funding to prototype with managing expectations. They do not want to create a stampede but do need the right amount of cashflow to move forward. It is a difficult feat to hype something slowly while keeping people in the dark and expectations in check. Slow playing the reservation numbers and totals builds hype and excitement with the believer while keeping enough people out until it is 100 percent certain this will get off the ground. They will only have one shot to get everything right and there are a lot of moving pieces to juggle. I am impressed. Crowdsourcing is fascinating. I am moving my confidence number up to a 6...The previous post is why I should not post before coffee.

Eliometer

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, the more I think about it, I do not think cash is the issue. They have plenty of cash to do the things they are doing. I think they are walking a tightrope of balancing obtaining funding to prototype with managing expectations. They do not want to create a stampede but do need the right amount of cashflow to move forward. It is a difficult feat to hype something slowly while keeping people in the dark and expectations in check. Slow playing the reservation numbers and totals builds hype and excitement with the believer while keeping enough people out until it is 100 percent certain this will get off the ground. They will only have one shot to get everything right and there are a lot of moving pieces to juggle. I am impressed. Crowdsourcing is fascinating. I am moving my confidence number up to a 6...The previous post is why I should not post before coffee.
Having been a former reservation clerk for 30 multi-use rooms in an institution of 50,000 employees, I can tell you that everybody and their mother thinks they know how to do everyone else's job. It's always just a simple matter of this or that. I can't tell you how many Kings-of-the-Kindergarten would come sailing into my office on a tirade, not understanding anything at all about how a system or a procedure functions. I'm sure this is a problem that all people in various occupations experience, especially when dealing with a customer. I used a date-time stamp system for my reservations which was on a first-come-first-served basis, with SOME factors that required manually bumping and rearranging. When a person, and not a machine, needs to input things manually, they generally don't spit out an instantaneous confirmation. I'm sure Elio will generate my number within a batch of numbers.
I joke about being impatient, but really I'm quite positive that there is a person at a computer somewhere whose job includes running these confirmations. I'm sure there are policies and procedures with mitigating factors that go into making my place in line. Some day soon, they will run the report with my number in it and make it public.
It really never crossed my mind that the waiting time would be a publicity stunt to generate interest.
Believe me, they had me at $6800/84mpg.

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahhh... Must have COFFEE! Hi, CJ. Although I think most on this forum, including myself, are keenly aware of the potential pitfalls in this endeavor of creating a new vehicle by a new company, we seem to be more interested in dreaming and planning on only a positive outcome (more fun that way!). That being said, I find your comments thoughtful and I welcome them.

hippazoid

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my shirt and bumper sticker a few weeks ago (green smiley). I saw something in one of the blog posts about the next round of numbers would go out around the 4th. Still nothing. :(

Just called and the rep said he wasn't sure when they'd get to it but probably in the next few days.

Guess I'm a bit too impatient but would like to have my number to go with the shirt/bumper sticker. hehe

P.S. - Placed reservation in the wee hours of 5/13

Last edited:

hippazoid

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK... Who's the Elio employee/spy in the forums?

I posted about my impatience yesterday and GOT MY NUMBER TODAY!!!

☆。★。☆。★
。☆ 。☆。☆
★。\|/。★
4420​
★。/|\ ° ★
。☆。 。° ☆。
☆。 ★。☆ °★

Pardon me, while I go update my sig.

Hipp

Top Bottom