1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Got To Bite The Bullet.....

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by 84mpg, May 15, 2019.

1. Elf

Elf Elio Addict

Being the oldest person on this forum I need something that displays youth and excitement .I'm semi retired but my predecessors want me to be the old wise man image .Going next week to pick up my new company car ,2019 C7 corvette .Its pretty much a basic 3lt ,vert with manual trans . Would have been happy with an Elio ,

2. W. WIllie

W. WIllie Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    What company do you work for?
    Oh wait, at 113, you are probably self employed.
    LOL

3. Elf

Elf Elio Addict

Owned part of a bank ,Steel fabricator and Industrial Contractor (nothing big time).My daughter is in charge of 12 disabled Veterans .I love everything I've done and semi retirement will be as far as I go .

4. mkiker2089

mkiker2089 Elio Addict

I think I'm going to get a Solo. I'm still debating it though. I have a classic truck and 2017 Toyota 86 so I don't need the Solo. It could save me money in the long run though and keep miles off the other rides. Then again I could just take a pay cut and work closer to home. That would save time AND money assuming the pay cut is reasonable. Decisions.....

5. Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger Elio Fan

Reservation #:
    My extended absence from this group should suggest that I gave up waiting long ago. Being a diesel freak, I found a creampuff of a well maintained, low mileage '98 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel that the couple who owned it was more concerned with it going to a good home than wringing every possible dime out of the sale. At 67, it could well be my last car. Obviously, it doesn't do what I hoped the Elio would; I still think twice before jumping in the car and wandering. I had hoped the Elio would be the functional equivalent of the motorcycles I always owned and often put more miles on than my car. As long as I'm still able to drive, an Elio would be useful but I've stopped holding my breath. I see no indications of a viable future for Elio regardless of how good an idea it is. I may as well have invested in teleportation technology. I don't regret going "all in" for the max, it was an intelligent gamble and like most bets, you don't win them all.