• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Govts Should Subsidize Elio, Not Tesla Vehicles

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This explains why Elio did not apply for the program. They do not qualify according to this statement in the information:
To qualify, automakers and eligible component manufacturers must promise to increase the fuel economy of their products by 25% over the average fuel economy of similar 2005 models, and apply the loans to future investments "reasonably related to the reequipping, expanding, or establishing a manufacturing facility in the U.S."

It was obviously designed for existing manufacturers not new entries into the market.

:-) Z

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So if the elio fails, do we blame Obama or Bush? :D
Personal choice. All politicians are the same brand of scum, whether they have a D or an R behind their name.

My cure, make non violent offenses punishable by civic service. Ease up on the prison load, and not many more felons in the Capitol than we already have.

Z, I interpret that differently. It doesn't need to be 25% better than your company's 05 model, just "similar" models. Elio would definitely be meeting the rest of it by tooling up for production.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This explains why Elio did not apply for the program. They do not qualify according to this statement in the information:
To qualify, automakers and eligible component manufacturers must promise to increase the fuel economy of their products by 25% over the average fuel economy of similar 2005 models, and apply the loans to future investments "reasonably related to the reequipping, expanding, or establishing a manufacturing facility in the U.S."

It was obviously designed for existing manufacturers not new entries into the market.

:) Z[/

:) Z
Last I saw he is getting a professional company to apply for Elio motors so they will be sure everything is correct.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="

Also as more solar and wind power plants are built, it will slowly change the USA's CO2 per KWh output. There is also the way gasoline is produced and the waste, pollution, cost of transportation, and politics involved with that process to consider.[/QUOTE]

Government is very much like the scab and scar left from the small pox vaccination. Without either the results are catastrophic. And the smaller the scar the better. LOL
It appears to me Arthur Kent was attempting to unwind the confusing facts you seem too comfortable with. Your slurry or conglomeration of factoids about it all reflect nothing but a hypnotized consciousness of pure propaganda from the likes of dumb old Al Gore.
I've warned time and time again. Global warmers need not apply. Those who can run the figures know that Politicians both create problems and straw dogs then adroitly place themselves as the perceived solvers of these contrived problems. Libs are of 2 orders; Beggars and losers. (Got no problem helping those who have a string of bad luck.) or the second order; vain short sighted voters desperate to get some sort of assurance that they are not crazy or stupid and desperate to get that warm gooey goo goo gha gha sticky kind of false love and adoration that only exacerbates the problem.
Yes petroleum needs management but the wind farms and solar cells are an absolute joke. YOu and the public throw all these conservation terms around when in fact they are propagandized as solutions like Gore (my home state) and all the rest. Yes this country if very much starting to look like small pox gone wild and all you guys can do is scratch and make it worse. LOL

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
State and local government is subsidizing Elio with the GM Plant and Tax incentives.........boosting their economy.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personal choice. All politicians are the same brand of scum, whether they have a D or an R behind their name.

My cure, make non violent offenses punishable by civic service. Ease up on the prison load, and not many more felons in the Capitol than we already have.

Z, I interpret that differently. It doesn't need to be 25% better than your company's 05 model, just "similar" models. Elio would definitely be meeting the rest of it by tooling up for production.

But it does say: manufacturers must promise to increase the fuel economy of their products by 25%

Technically, Elio does not have a product yet so has nothing to increase the fuel economy by 25% with/to. I'm no legal eagle but in 2008? Elio had even less of a product than now. At least now there has been major steps toward creating that product. Since the program was offered in 2008? I can understand why Elio Motors did not apply for it at that time. If you have read the meeting minutes in Flint Michigan at that time, they didn't even have pictures of a prototype with them when they did their presentation to that retirement plan.

However, if the requirements have been changed slightly then they may be able to apply now. I would think they would have to prove that their product actually can and will make that 25% improvement and until the actual engine, drive train, etc. has been tested they can't prove that. Does that make sense? :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last I saw he is getting a professional company to apply for Elio motors so they will be sure everything is correct.
I'm sure these days that is the best way to go. I took a grant writing class a couple of years ago and it is an unbelievably difficult task unless you and your program/product are all well know and well established. Kind of like the old saying "it isn't what you know, it is who you know". :-) Z

Top Bottom