• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Great Wheels............

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wheel fairings ("wheel pants" to those involved with vintage aircraft) almost completely cover the wheels. Now I know Henry Ford offered "any color so long as it's black" (why? because black paint dried faster and didn't hold up his assembly line). Maybe Elio can justify black wheels, a. because they're largely unseen, and b. because the back part of the shroud on all three wheels is black too - but I have a third option . . .

As a veteran of painting the rims on several older cars and trailers, I can testify that a rattle can, judiciously employed to a carefully masked and prepped wheel can produce some rather nice results. Why not paint your rims your color of choice? There is one less on the Elio than on my other cars, but springing for some choice aftermarket rims seems a waste of money unless you opt for the cycle fenders. Me, I kinda like the retro look of Jobeleca's fairings that are full body color.

I'm considering a nice hammertone silver-grey for the wheels - first for a lighter color to separate the black tire from the black fairing, and secondly to provide a bit more visual interest when parked than a flat color. Same goes for the suspension wishbones and struts. You can get crazy and paint the calipers if you must, because any of these projects would be a quick weekend project, well within the mechanical capabilities of most of us. If you can change a tire, you can pull it off and paint the rim - and other components. Besides, it's good practice.

Hmmm . . . blue calipers on the yellow or orange paint scheme, maybe silver or red on the red . . . :cool:

Seann

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I would like to see some aftermarket wheels on an Elio! I personally am thinking black car with red powder coated wire wheels........just like the pic! maybe 17inch!

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 323
Top Bottom