• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Greetings From Iowa

PaulCPiper

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thanks all for the additional info. Like I said, I've been following the project for a while looking at the design and concept. As a career, I've worked as an engineer, solid works designer, planner, and metal fabrication, so the Elio is right up my alley. Anyway, it sounds like there is some history with the project I need to explore. Admittedly, this past Friday was the first time I've paid any attention to the whole funding and production timeline. I knew there had been some delays but have not paid any attention to sec filings or anything like that. Had no idea similar things have been said in the past.

So all that being said, this update was really not an update at all, just rehashing old info? The way he made it sound, I thought it was a done deal, slam dunk, ready to rock.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember, there are large entities, ie Ford, GM, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, Nissan et. al that don't want ELIO to succeed and cut into 'their' sales. Remember Tucker. They will pay for internet trolls to disparage any start up that hurts their bottom line. Follow the money. ELIO has diluted this by having a large supplier base and now having deep pocketed investors & supporters. I'd question any poster that adamantly & obsessively disparages any of the recent start ups.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember, there are large entities, ie Ford, GM, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, Nissan et. al that don't want ELIO to succeed and cut into 'their' sales. Remember Tucker. They will pay for internet trolls to disparage any start up that hurts their bottom line. Follow the money. ELIO has diluted this by having a large supplier base and now having deep pocketed investors & supporters. I'd question any poster that adamantly & obsessively disparages any of the recent start ups.
I doubt that any company would care enough about Elio to pay for trolls.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have not seen in person, I don't know if the tour ever made it anywhere near me. That's one negative thing on the Elio, no pep boys in Iowa. But if there are enough of them, I'm sure service won't be a problem, someone will want a piece of that action.

I am a long time motorcyclist, so I'm hoping this has some of that feel, in a year round enclosure. I realize the Elio is made for MPG, so won't be a real powerhouse, but I think it'll at least be somewhat of a fun ride.
Back in the day, there was discussion for folks not near a pep boys (In my opinion after some dealings with PB, you'd get better service at a local automotive program in nearby tech school, or Community College program- from which many current PB employees never attended)

PaulCPiper

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm sure if they are really pumping out 250k elios per year as planned, last I could find, you'd think someone would want that business. Around these parts, I'd think even a small engine type place could service an Elio. I mean, like a place that works on the bigger commercial mowers, snowmobiles, ATVs, heck, there's a Harley dealer within an half hour of most areas here, those newer bikes are computerized and fuel injected, probably not a stretch to think they'd be able to service them there.

Top Bottom