• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Greetings From Windy New Mexico

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
number 758 on the waiting list. Hopefully it's still flat towable like originally promised so I can pull it all over the U.S. behind my motorhome. I know the driveline was fully developed when they promised that, and since most front wheel drive vehicles aren't flat towable (some are), I hope that hasn't changed. It's spring in NM and they days are windy. Going to Alaska for the summer, then Mexico for the winter. Hope to return in April to pick up my Elio!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Paladin, Welcome to this forum from Atlanta, GA! :)

I see from your number and your other post that you jumped in early and have been waiting for a while now. Glad you decided to join us on this fun forum full of Elio fans. We have a diverse group of people here from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
number 758 on the waiting list. Hopefully it's still flat towable like originally promised so I can pull it all over the U.S. behind my motorhome. I know the driveline was fully developed when they promised that, and since most front wheel drive vehicles aren't flat towable (some are), I hope that hasn't changed. It's spring in NM and they days are windy. Going to Alaska for the summer, then Mexico for the winter. Hope to return in April to pick up my Elio!
Greetings and welcome from Las Cruces. There are at least two of us here at the $1K reservation level waiting for out numbers. Where are you located?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello and welcome from Oregon, Paladin. That sounds like quite a trip. I hope you are able to enjoy us while you are traveling. As goofyone says, this is a wonderfully diverse group and a great place to learn about Elio and other things. Enjoy the remainder of your very long wait. May we make it at least seem a little shorter. LOL :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Greetings from Albuquerque! You should join our "club" at this link: http://www.elioowners.com/forums/new-mexico.57/
I too hope it is still flat towable. I'm no expert but can you flat tow just about any manual transmission car or does that wear out things?
Checking the reservation map today I see that "G" is all-in for$1k here in Las Cruces. That's the third one I am aware of...

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hello and Welcome aboard, sounds like you have great plans for your Elio.

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings from Albuquerque! You should join our "club" at this link: http://www.elioowners.com/forums/new-mexico.57/
I too hope it is still flat towable. I'm no expert but can you flat tow just about any manual transmission car or does that wear out things?

No, not all manual transmissions with front wheel drive are towable. In fact, most aren't. It has to do with being able to lube the tranny (manual or automatic) and front wheel drives must be trickier in that. Rear wheel drives can all be towed with manual transmission.

Top Bottom