• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I well remember seeing a "Range One Mile" written on boxes of .22LR and frankly didn't give it a thought .... for me the YouTube video (link below) is very interesting and can't help but make one reexamine their impression of a .22LR

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I was about 12 (many moons ago) I had a neighbor who claimed that a .22 short would not hurt a person. He had access to a .22 rifle and I had access to some .22 shorts. Our houses were separated by two other houses and he was willing to let me shoot at him at that range. My father had talked to me about gun safety and killing pigs with .22 shorts so I did not agree. I was a good enough shot at 12 that I probably would have hit him. The "it was his idea" defense probably would not have worked very well. Especially if I had hit him in the head or heart. That is a classic example of the dangers of not teaching kids gun safety and trying to keep them away from guns instead.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I was about 12 (many moons ago) I had a neighbor who claimed that a .22 short would not hurt a person. He had access to a .22 rifle and I had access to some .22 shorts. Our houses were separated by two other houses and he was willing to let me shoot at him at that range. My father had talked to me about gun safety and killing pigs with .22 shorts so I did not agree. I was a good enough shot at 12 that I probably would have hit him. The "it was his idea" defense probably would not have worked very well. Especially if I had hit him in the head or heart. That is a classic example of the dangers of not teaching kids gun safety and trying to keep them away from guns instead.

Darwinism!

He didn't happen to grow up to be a Senator, did he? :laugh:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score

In grandma’s opinion, grandpa was too shaky to keep his .32 revolver under his pillow. She asked me to take him to the shooting range and convince him to give it up. With one hand shaking back and forth on top of his cane and the other hand shaking with the revolver, he put 5 rounds in a 5 gallon can at about 20 feet that you could cover with your hand. He declared, “I never said I could hold it steady, but I can still pull the trigger when it crosses the target. Now take me home.” LOST CAUSE. About 8 months later, he put an ambulance driver back in the ambulance with the threat of the gun while refusing to be transported to a nursing home. He did reconsider at a later date. True story.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I well remember seeing a "Range One Mile" written on boxes of .22LR and frankly didn't give it a thought .... for me the YouTube video (link below) is very interesting and can't help but make one reexamine their impression of a .22LR

I love my .22LR. A Savage 64F I believe, with a synthetic stock, and a 21'' barrel. Bought it off gunbrokers.com for $135.00 plus free shipping. Great bargain in my opinion. With a 10 round clip, and a scope, my entire family can shoot it. Like you, I Also have a Henry .45-70, but it's expensive to shoot, and my wife and son can't hold on to something like that. Break out that .22, and everyone can aim, and shoot accurately without the recoil of the larger calibers.
These are a great, inexpensive gun, with inexpensive ammo available that anyone can fire, and learn gun safety on. The Savages are quite a bit less than the Rugers, but I've had zero issues with it.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love these guys. I've been watching them for years.
Barry passed away since this video.

Last week I shot some "empty" spray cans in the back yard so I could throw them in the trash.
I used my Heritage Rough Rider 6.5" barrel revolver with Remington 22LR HP.
I was amazed about how big the freaking holes in the yard were!

I've not had many ground hogs hole when shot in the head, neck or mid-torso...
By my old Genfield 25 with .22LR HP pills out to 100 yards and beyond.
Usually with a big exit wound. I respect the shit out of the .22LR

I've got a saying.
WWIV will NOT be fought with sticks and stones.
It will be fought with billions of 22LR.

The ones that are already out here.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got a saying.
WWIV will NOT be fought with sticks and stones.
It will be fought with billions of 22LR.
The ones that are already out here.
Only if there are enough boollits! Otherwise they are just metal sticks. :D

Between January 2013 and just now, 22LR has been the single hardest common ammo to find. And the most insanely overpriced. It's just now starting to show up in quality and quantity. The awful Automatch stuff started showing up in bulk last year, now the good quality Aguila, Winchester, and CCI is showing up in bulk again online. But still not at the local Wally-world yet. :( The Panic is almost over, four years later!

Moral of the story: Buy 22LR cheap, stack 22LR deep!

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only if there are enough boollits! Otherwise they are just metal sticks. :D

Between January 2013 and just now, 22LR has been the single hardest common ammo to find. And the most insanely overpriced. It's just now starting to show up in quality and quantity. The awful Automatch stuff started showing up in bulk last year, now the good quality Aguila, Winchester, and CCI is showing up in bulk again online. But still not at the local Wally-world yet. :( The Panic is almost over, four years later!

Moral of the story: Buy 22LR cheap, stack 22LR deep!
Aguila is quality ammo? I had bought a bunch to shoot and I had nothing but issues. 2-3 out of a box of 50 would not fire, and I believe it was like 1 in 5 that had a failure to eject. This was with some 60g 22LR subsonic ammo in both my Ruger 10/22 and Ruker MkIII.

Top Bottom