• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guy At Pep Boys....

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
So my dad went into a local Pep Boys, here in town the other day, to ask how much they would charge to get some work done on his car. While he was there, he asked if they have heard of the Elio. Surprisingly, the guy working there told my dad: "Yes, the three wheeled car! We are supposed to go in for training on that vehicle next month" .....Now personally, I find that VERY hard to believe. Especially since the manufacture date got pushed back to 2019 already (if I remember correctly). Only other thing I can think of is if maybe Elio & Pep Boys already had some scheduled training dates set up from last year or so?? I dunno, it just seems highly improbable for this to be true right now. Anyone else hear anything like this??

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So my dad went into a local Pep Boys, here in town the other day, to ask how much they would charge to get some work done on his car. While he was there, he asked if they have heard of the Elio. Surprisingly, the guy working there told my dad: "Yes, the three wheeled car! We are supposed to go in for training on that vehicle next month" .....Now personally, I find that VERY hard to believe. Especially since the manufacture date got pushed back to 2019 already (if I remember correctly). Only other thing I can think of is if maybe Elio & Pep Boys already had some scheduled training dates set up from last year or so?? I dunno, it just seems highly improbable for this to be true right now. Anyone else hear anything like this??
Well, I understand that Elio has 2 Elios that they can practice on and one more in the wings someday. The Elio is so light that they can just pass it around the room if they like.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind, I just sent a copy of your post to EM askin if the guy was just pulling his leg.
I will report back if the respond.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio response

Elio.jpeg

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Oct 6, 16:39 EDT

Thanks for your email and support Johnny!
This is a great example of "you can't believe everything you read." Especially online. Pep Boys is still involved, however the Elio is not yet on the store level's radar. This will occur as we get closer to the start of production.
Thanks again!
Best,
The Elio Team

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Nice that they responded.... even though their wording (or understanding, rather, of the original information source) was incorrect. Their response almost implies that I made up some "fake news" or something, rather than correctly stating something like "the guy at Pep Boys was not correct" instead.

Thanks for posting their response though. Good ole Pep Boys employees -just can't trust 'em.

Top Bottom