• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guy At Pep Boys....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice that they responded.... even though their wording (or understanding, rather, of the original information source) was incorrect. Their response almost implies that I made up some "fake news" or something, rather than correctly stating something like "the guy at Pep Boys was not correct" instead.

Thanks for posting their response though. Good ole Pep Boys employees -just can't trust 'em.
Perhaps a sarcastic remark by an elio reservationist that happens to work at pep boys.

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice that they responded.... even though their wording (or understanding, rather, of the original information source) was incorrect. Their response almost implies that I made up some "fake news" or something, rather than correctly stating something like "the guy at Pep Boys was not correct" instead.

Thanks for posting their response though. Good ole Pep Boys employees -just can't trust 'em.
Just for the record, Pep Boys did not reply to my email to them. That's OK as Elio replied to Johnny Acree about the training info. Elio should have been a little more diplomatic with their reply.

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure if the Pep Boys guy was just misinformed himself, or being sarcastic, or simply got confused. But my dad said the guy definitely seemed quite excited that he asked about Elio. Too bad. I doubt my dad is planning on going back there any time soon (got his car fixed elsewhere), but if he does, I'll tell him to tell that guy what EM said & get his facts straight

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps the Pep Boys guy embellished or was simply passing along a rumor that he heard and believed.
We shouldn't be shocked. Unfortunately the real news to some is that the world is full of people that are full of...
I didn't find anything offensive about EM's response. And I certainly don't believe it was directed at MK.

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At least your guy knew what an Elio was. Every time I've been at the Pep Boys I've asked about the Elio. No one has ever even known what it was. They'd be fascinated by the pictures I show them, then zone out again as I turn away.

I'd wager if I were to ask again in 30 min they'd still be just as clueless...

-sterling

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At least your guy knew what an Elio was. Every time I've been at the Pep Boys I've asked about the Elio. No one has ever even known what it was. They'd be fascinated by the pictures I show them, then zone out again as I turn away.

I'd wager if I were to ask again in 30 min they'd still be just as clueless...

I am a total believer in the "Peter Principle". The proof can be found at the sales counter of any organization. I expect incompetence when I walk up to the counter. The single exception is when the owner has to work the overtime or the weekend.

-sterling

Top Bottom