• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Happy Halloween!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Bamlam; I was talking to my Dell rep the other day about trick or treater's.
He said he get between 100 to 200, so I sent him the pictures of your place and told him about the numbers you get.
He told me a trick his wife came up with , that they do every year now.
They save all left over candy from events, and the stuff they don't like, and no one eats.
They have two bowls of candy by the door and all of the new good stuff in one, all the old stuff in the other.
As the night goes on, you know that the later it gets, the bigger kids show up, half the time with poorly thought out costume, or a very poor one (see no costume). So those kids get a big handful of candy from the OLD bowl of candy; but if they show up and they're little, or young, or have an elaborate costume, they get from the NEW bowl. They said it works great, because the kids never remember what house they get the old candy from.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a neighbor with two kids and another with three kids. No other kids in sight or visit down my road. So I give both houses a 5 lbs Hersey Bar.
How old are they?
And why so few kids in your area?
Where I'm at, the average age of the town is 27; not because it's really that young, but because I think they come here to breed.
Families with 4 or 5 kids is not uncommon; I think minimum is 3 kids.
So when you have that many kids around, the average age just plummets.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bamlam; I was talking to my Dell rep the other day about trick or treater's.
He said he get between 100 to 200, so I sent him the pictures of your place and told him about the numbers you get.
He told me a trick his wife came up with , that they do every year now.
They save all left over candy from events, and the stuff they don't like, and no one eats.
They have two bowls of candy by the door and all of the new good stuff in one, all the old stuff in the other.
As the night goes on, you know that the later it gets, the bigger kids show up, half the time with poorly thought out costume, or a very poor one (see no costume). So those kids get a big handful of candy from the OLD bowl of candy; but if they show up and they're little, or young, or have an elaborate costume, they get from the NEW bowl. They said it works great, because the kids never remember what house they get the old candy from.
We kinda already do that. First off, we learned years ago not to wait for a knock on the door. The door just stays open all evening. You'll let all the heat out of your house pretty quick. With the numbers we get here, we put lawn chairs at the end of our driveway and hand out candy there. I give the the little ones the good stuff like candy bars. The bigger kids get hard candy like the little packs of Sweet Tarts.
I have a suggestion for your Dell rep. Our first year here, we ran out of candy FAST. We had a big box of freezer pops in the pantry (unfrozen), so we started giving those out. Three advantages with these. Number one. The kids and parents love them because no one else thinks about giving those out. Number two. No candy wrapers in your yard the next day because they have to be frozen first before eating them, and it takes scissors to open them. Number three. They are dirt cheap. A big plus for 100 plus kiddies. Let me know what he thinks!:D

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How old are they?
And why so few kids in your area?
Where I'm at, the average age of the town is 27; not because it's really that young, but because I think they come here to breed.
Families with 4 or 5 kids is not uncommon; I think minimum is 3 kids.
So when you have that many kids around, the average age just plummets.
I live in an area that is now primarily senior citizens. Everyone had kids but they have grown up and moved away. My neighbor kids are 14, 13, 12, 10 and 7. Five houses on my street and about that many on close by streets.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
We kinda already do that. First off, we learned years ago not to wait for a knock on the door. The door just stays open all evening. You'll let all the heat out of your house pretty quick. With the numbers we get here, we put lawn chairs at the end of our driveway and hand out candy there. I give the the little ones the good stuff like candy bars. The bigger kids get hard candy like the little packs of Sweet Tarts.
I have a suggestion for your Dell rep. Our first year here, we ran out of candy FAST. We had a big box of freezer pops in the pantry (unfrozen), so we started giving those out. Three advantages with these. Number one. The kids and parents love them because no one else thinks about giving those out. Number two. No candy wrapers in your yard the next day because they have to be frozen first before eating them, and it takes scissors to open them. Number three. They are dirt cheap. A big plus for 100 plus kiddies. Let me know what he thinks!:D
Hmmm I like that; might have to try it myself. :thumb:
But for sure I will relay the message to him.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm I like that; might have to try it myself. :thumb:
But for sure I will relay the message to him.
Just a friendly reminder Coss. Believe me. You'll be a hit for far less money than your neighbors will spend.....kinda like the Elio if it ever goes into production!

91Cbrime6jL._SX522_.jpg

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We usually offer the little ‘trick or treaters’ their choice: this year we’re looking at a choice between Lima bean kabobs on toothpicks and blocks of pumice. Of course after they refuse them both we just give them candy bars.

One of the kid’s dads is a big dog at DOE, he might just get a kabob.

Top Bottom