• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Happy Wife, Happy Ride!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can’t imagine setting in the back seat for over ten hours between fill ups, not being able to see in front of me or what is going by out the window, with out raising my head. It would be nice if the next generation of Elio had the seating style of an Apache Attack Helicopter. Start with the nose for the engine, and the driver stepping up to the RIO (rear instigating officer).

Incline the driver and back seater a little more with head rest at 90 degrees, this will decrease the height increase required to get the head in the rear above the head in front, all so releasing some pressure off the tail bone and lower back. This would give the back a 180 degree view and I think they would enjoy the ride a lot more.

This would cut the mileage, but I would be happy with 70 MPG.

JMO

PS.
Does anyone know if anyone from EM monitors this site?

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can’t imagine setting in the back seat for over ten hours between fill ups, not being able to see in front of me or what is going by out the window, with out raising my head. It would be nice if the next generation of Elio had the seating style of an Apache Attack Helicopter. Start with the nose for the engine, and the driver stepping up to the RIO (rear instigating officer).

Incline the driver and back seater a little more with head rest at 90 degrees, this will decrease the height increase required to get the head in the rear above the head in front, all so releasing some pressure off the tail bone and lower back. This would give the back a 180 degree view and I think they would enjoy the ride a lot more.

This would cut the mileage, but I would be happy with 70 MPG.

JMO

PS.
Does anyone know if anyone from EM monitors this site?
Actually I can entertain that idea because she can't drive manual transmission which is what I'm getting! Seriously speaking, we always use our automatic trans car for traveling just in case she have to take the wheel...it just make sense.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Can’t imagine setting in the back seat for over ten hours between fill ups, not being able to see in front of me or what is going by out the window, with out raising my head. It would be nice if the next generation of Elio had the seating style of an Apache Attack Helicopter. Start with the nose for the engine, and the driver stepping up to the RIO (rear instigating officer).

Incline the driver and back seater a little more with head rest at 90 degrees, this will decrease the height increase required to get the head in the rear above the head in front, all so releasing some pressure off the tail bone and lower back. This would give the back a 180 degree view and I think they would enjoy the ride a lot more."

Is this just an assumption there will be no visibility from the rear, or first hand? Seems like the side visibility will be fine from the rear, unless you're 4 foot sumptin, in which case maybe Elio will provide a couple phone books. :D

I've seen comments about installing a forward facing camera with a monitor in the front seat's headrest so the passenger can see the front view as well.

Check out the rendering at the bottom of page 1:
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/p4-progression.156/

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Can’t imagine setting in the back seat for over ten hours between fill ups, not being able to see in front of me or what is going by out the window, with out raising my head. It would be nice if the next generation of Elio had the seating style of an Apache Attack Helicopter. Start with the nose for the engine, and the driver stepping up to the RIO (rear instigating officer).

Incline the driver and back seater a little more with head rest at 90 degrees, this will decrease the height increase required to get the head in the rear above the head in front, all so releasing some pressure off the tail bone and lower back. This would give the back a 180 degree view and I think they would enjoy the ride a lot more."

Is this just an assumption there will be no visibility from the rear, or first hand? Seems like the side visibility will be fine from the rear, unless you're 4 foot sumptin, in which case maybe Elio will provide a couple phone books. :D

I've seen comments about installing a forward facing camera with a monitor in the front seat's headrest so the passenger can see the front view as well.

Saw it on a demo video. They were somewhere and this lady moved from the front to the back seat. They folded the front seat to it's upright position and you could hardly see her. When they turned the camera on her from the outside of the car through the rear window, I'm not sure, put I think she leaned forward a little to look out the window. JMO

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Just found the video again. When she is in the back she can see ok left and right, put I don't think her head is all the way back on the rest.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will do the driving and do not plan to sit in the back. As a result, am not concerned about visability from rear in a tandem style seating vehicle. Leave the P-4 just the way it is and stop trying to fix what ain''t broken. If wife does not like it , have her stay home!!

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just found the video again. When she is in the back she can see ok left and right, put I don't think her head is all the way back on the rest.
If the 'video' was of the P3....... the P4 windows have been enlarged. I also want the 'Pop-out, vent' passenger window OPTION.

Top Bottom