• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Happy Wife, Happy Ride!

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having air flow to the back seat is a must, surely there will be wing windows, as well as AC vents to pump cool air on those really hot days.

My wife wouldn't need much air; she always goes to sleep as soon as I'm driving - so much for her navigation assistance!

But conversely, as my daughter says, when her "Mum" drives, no-one dares go to sleep!

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Happy Wife. Happy Ride.

I can see some BACK SEAT driving problems already.
Oh, just a note, don't eat beans before getting in and driving or riding. Ever been in a small elevator and someone...............
Wife in Back won't be a happy camper.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SCB, I'm thinking it depends on the woman. Some women would be fine riding in the back seat of the Elio, some would not. Show your wife the pics of the back seat from eliomotors.com, of people smiling as they look at the camera. If you can't find any, maybe some forum members here have pics.

If your wife likes to talk to you a lot during the drive, likes to be able to see out all sides of the car, she may not like the back seat. If she likes to read or do things on a tablet, she may be fine with riding in the back from FL to ME. :)
Some wives will end up putting you in the back seat and driving! Also, the Elio road trips will be more comfortable for the biker babes than hanging onto you on the back of a traditional motorcycle or open trike.

If showing your wife a photo of the back seat and hoping she likes it..............hinges on you buying an Elio.............show her this one.
image.jpg

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Having air flow to the back seat is a must, surely there will be wing windows, as well as AC vents to pump cool air on those really hot days.

Hi Phone, welcome to the forum from a neighbor to your north, Kansas. I'll have to look up where Jenks is. Ah ha, a suburb of Tulsa, very good. You are not far from Shreveport.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Some wives will end up putting you in the back seat and driving! Also, the Elio road trips will be more comfortable for the biker babes than hanging onto you on the back of a traditional motorcycle or open trike.

If showing your wife a photo of the back seat and hoping she likes it..............hinges on you buying an Elio.............show her this one.
image-jpg.2461.jpg

The good thing about this is that it is entirely realistic to do something like this in the Elio. With a door on only one side it will be easy to secure it on the right side of the vehicle in such a way that it does not hinder access to exit via the door on the left.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 2461

Upon your descent to the rest area you make this announcement;

“Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Please turn off all electronic devices until we are safely parked at the gate. Thank you.”

"Upon your exiting of this vehicle, style points will be given according to style and artistic impression."

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife wouldn't need much air; she always goes to sleep as soon as I'm driving - so much for her navigation assistance!

But conversely, as my daughter says, when her "Mum" drives, no-one dares go to sleep!
What a lucky guy, a wife who isn't a backseat driver. What's your secret?......LOL

Top Bottom