• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Happy Wife, Happy Ride!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a whole range of travel which escapes most people. I have traveled with the poor, the very wealthy and learned a lot from both. The poor wash their clothes at a tap each night, the wealthy throw theirs away. We prefer a Miata (until the Elio comes along) to either a bike or an RV. Live within your means and enjoy the trip. :D
Please continue your narrative with a few examples or perhaps a travel story about your point. My wife and I are going to be taking off more with the Elio.

PS I've never traveled with the wealthy. LOL

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I often read about people considering long trips in their Elio . I simply can't imagine going further than to and from work in a vehicle that small . Unconventional passenger seating aside, the trunk can barely fit a six pack of water . Where do you think you're going?
I take 2-3 road trips a year of a thousand miles+ and I rarely pack anything more than an overnight bag.

Robert Cooper

Reaction score
OK guys my first post to this site....

I'm interested in the elio as a mode of transport on a cross Europe excursion. Wife will be along for short sections but for the most part it will only be myself and any other friends in their own elios. I plan on picking up my elio in Shreveport and driving to a yet determined east coast port for shipment to Europe. I realize this is a dream but I'm fully committed to it. Once in Europe the trip will be along the north shore of the mediteranian from Gilbrator to Athens. No leg will be longer than 50 miles or so and I estimate the trip will take about 2.5 months. Certainly a trip of a life time. I'm retired so I have the time to complete this.

There are a few hundred questions I have but your feed back is appreciated. I'll pose my questions as an ongoing exercise. By the way this fits in the current thread since this is a question about a 3500 mile trip.

Regards,

RB Cooper

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just beware of the Terror Scary Associates. They have been "trained" to waylay anyone traveling TOO light. A true and not funny experience brought to you by the otherwise unemployable brain dead, keeping us safe from each other.
It saddens me to think someone will wait for their wet dream before going traveling. Get a little car and go. A Geo, Civic or even a Miata and get a couple of good years in before the dream becomes a reality or goes poof?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK guys my first post to this site....

I'm interested in the elio as a mode of transport on a cross Europe excursion. Wife will be along for short sections but for the most part it will only be myself and any other friends in their own elios. I plan on picking up my elio in Shreveport and driving to a yet determined east coast port for shipment to Europe. I realize this is a dream but I'm fully committed to it. Once in Europe the trip will be along the north shore of the mediteranian from Gilbrator to Athens. No leg will be longer than 50 miles or so and I estimate the trip will take about 2.5 months. Certainly a trip of a life time. I'm retired so I have the time to complete this.

There are a few hundred questions I have but your feed back is appreciated. I'll pose my questions as an ongoing exercise. By the way this fits in the current thread since this is a question about a 3500 mile trip.

Regards,

RB Cooper
As far as a shipping port that's should be a no brainer. Either New Orleans or Mobile.

binro

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Can’t imagine setting in the back seat for over ten hours between fill ups,

Just 'cause you can drive for 10 hours doesn't mean you have to. I still plan on stopping ever 2-3 hours to stretch, have coffee, pee, get a snack, etc. I just won't have to stop at a gas station every time!

Top Bottom