• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Has Any Progress Been Made With The Plant?

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any progress has been made with the GM plant in Louisiana? Have they begun fitting it for producing a new vehicle yet? Seems like that would take a quite a while to do.

ls10

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The young folks with Elio in Atlanta were real friendly but I don't think they are experts. I started asking one about the AMT option and I could tell the one I was talking to didn't have a clue.

Robert McWhirter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The VP and his wife were there answering questions also, that's who I spoke with the whole time I was there. They were very helpful.

Robert McWhirter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, he was a real nice guy, we starting talking to his wife and then she took us over to talk with him. It was cool, he knew a lot .

RickDeckard

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This is what Paul Elio said Nov 10th We have access to the facility now. We should have people on site in the next few weeks starting to evaluate where to move what equipment. Pre-production should start 60 days before our target production date in December.
Elio Motors had posted this prior -Elio Motors We have posted before a number of times, the design of the factory, the design and engineering of the Elio are all being done in MI..so you won't see much activity at the factory until we are ready to order the hard tooling. Otherwise, people would be standing around down there doing nothing ... the first of the new prototypes will be out in Jan of 2014 and retooling of the plant should be sometime in the summer or 2014 after they do a true market study ...
(Volume is dependent on tooling … and you don’t decide that until you have a solid idea of what the yearly demand might be. Right now, demand looks to be very strong, but we need a good market study to have a better idea.)

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is what Paul Elio said Nov 10th We have access to the facility now. We should have people on site in the next few weeks starting to evaluate where to move what equipment. Pre-production should start 60 days before our target production date in December.
Elio Motors had posted this prior -Elio Motors We have posted before a number of times, the design of the factory, the design and engineering of the Elio are all being done in MI..so you won't see much activity at the factory until we are ready to order the hard tooling. Otherwise, people would be standing around down there doing nothing ... the first of the new prototypes will be out in Jan of 2014 and retooling of the plant should be sometime in the summer or 2014 after they do a true market study ...
(Volume is dependent on tooling … and you don’t decide that until you have a solid idea of what the yearly demand might be. Right now, demand looks to be very strong, but we need a good market study to have a better idea.)

Thanks! That actually answered a lot of questions I had about what's going on behind the scenes right now.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Market study? Ten thousand reservations appears to be a pretty good start. I guess they are shooting for a much larger ELIO market than originally anticipated?

Top Bottom