• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello Elio Owners. Bl62 From Florida

Bl62

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello Coss
Sorry I did not reply sooner but I was out of the house for a few days. I thank you for all of the information, I still think that a $100 All In, should not be placed in front of a $1000 Want In reservation that has been there a long time. Anyway with their new lock in price of up to 65000 reservation, who knows what the price might be for the ones after 65000. So time to lock in the price and commit to purchase.,
This forum may not be directly affiliated with Elio Motors but they do offer a link to it and therefore they know that if they want to see what positive or negative publicity is being said about them, this would be one place where they would check.
Now I have sent e-mails, received e-mails, call them on the phone, left messages and spoke with, several people from Elio on the phone, and still as of this last Thursday Sept the 8th when I first joined this forum and posted my experience, I had not gotten my refund from Elio nor a confirmation as to how or when to expect my refund.
However Friday the 9th, the day after my post I received a call and a follow up e-mail telling me that my "e-mail" was being forwarded to the right department and to allow two weeks to process. (see copy and paste below) . Was it my phone calls, was it my e-mails, or was it the post on this forum that prompted that call??? I don't know but it worked, Still after almost two months of back and forth and not receiving anything (totally irresponsible for any company) I finally got a positive response. However I am not singing victory until I see my refund.
I thank you once again and I hope to be a happy Elio owner once again. I will post an update in the days or weeks to come. .
Have you seen a towing hitch as an accessory for the Elio?
This forward proximity protector is that something new or something that you are going to add on your own? Stops / brakes the Elio in case you are not watching ?
Thanks BL62

Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Sep 9, 17:15 EDT

Thanks for speaking with us Today, we've passed your email along to the right department. Please allow 2 weeks to process.

Best,
The Elio Team

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Coss
Sorry I did not reply sooner but I was out of the house for a few days. I thank you for all of the information, I still think that a $100 All In, should not be placed in front of a $1000 Want In reservation that has been there a long time. Anyway with their new lock in price of up to 65000 reservation, who knows what the price might be for the ones after 65000. So time to lock in the price and commit to purchase.,
This forum may not be directly affiliated with Elio Motors but they do offer a link to it and therefore they know that if they want to see what positive or negative publicity is being said about them, this would be one place where they would check.
Now I have sent e-mails, received e-mails, call them on the phone, left messages and spoke with, several people from Elio on the phone, and still as of this last Thursday Sept the 8th when I first joined this forum and posted my experience, I had not gotten my refund from Elio nor a confirmation as to how or when to expect my refund.
However Friday the 9th, the day after my post I received a call and a follow up e-mail telling me that my "e-mail" was being forwarded to the right department and to allow two weeks to process. (see copy and paste below) . Was it my phone calls, was it my e-mails, or was it the post on this forum that prompted that call??? I don't know but it worked, Still after almost two months of back and forth and not receiving anything (totally irresponsible for any company) I finally got a positive response. However I am not singing victory until I see my refund.
I thank you once again and I hope to be a happy Elio owner once again. I will post an update in the days or weeks to come. .
Have you seen a towing hitch as an accessory for the Elio?
This forward proximity protector is that something new or something that you are going to add on your own? Stops / brakes the Elio in case you are not watching ?
Thanks BL62
Hitch - It's something they are considering; no decision yet. But at first it was an absolute NO; the more they heard requests for it, it change to "we're working on it"
Forward detectors is my idea; not going to do the auto-breaking thing, I just want it since you can't see the tip of the nose; I want to know how close I am before it goes "bump" and scratches the paint. Probably just use the same system they use for the rear.
The Coss Cluster is my design for replacing the Elgin so called gauges. It switches it to an analog pointer normal gauge.
The keyless ignition is my idea too; just going to use one of the many that are available aftermarket.
I've owned my own Custom Shop since 1986, so this is just a new canvas for me.

Bl62

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello Elio Owners, I am back and with good news. After posting on this forum on Sept 8, I received a phone call and e-mail on Sept 9 from Elio Motors that they were going to handle my refund problem within 2 weeks. Yesterday Sept 15, a credit appeared on my Amex for the full amount that I had requested. $1k. Now I will do my end of the deal and sign back in "I'm All In" and lock in my price at $7k. and patiently wait for my Elio. My divorce from you guys was just brief, I was very upset as to the delay of almost two months for something that was done in maybe just a few days. The e-mails, Phone Calls, or this Forum, something triggered it and it helped out. I really don't know if I am posting this for all to see or replying to one individual.
Anyway I am back, lets get that HVAC up and running, and start building Elio's for all of us and the world to see. BL62

Top Bottom